Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Star Wars: Escape From Mos Eisley  (Read 2216 times)

Description:

Offline xboxOwn

• Show all replies
Re: Star Wars: Escape From Mos Eisley
« on: June 21, 2015, 12:36:19 AM »
Quote from: Umpal;790959
I wasn't sure in which subsection put this announcement so I decided this will match more or less.

I've  made a game for Amiga. It's my first one for this platform. It's  nothing special and I'm aware some of you will be disappointed but I  want you to know that the game itself wasn't my goal. It was just the  first important step in achieving something bigger and better (not huge  however.) As you all know there are many people with good intentions of  creating a game but after many discussion we have only a bunch of  forgotten posts. Only few pass through the first stage, and even fewer  achieve something satisfactory. Finally, a "chosen" ones finish their  projects as planned. So instead of coming here a month ago with another  dream-announcement I decided to start and finish the game in silence. I  wanted to be, how they say, "a man of his word".

The game isn't long but I hope some of you will have fun for a moment or two (I just hope no one will be frustrated on it ;)).
Very important notice: English is not  my native language (Spanish either) so please, please be considerate  and don't criticize me for wrong translation. I assumed that better  not-so-well translated game than nothing. I hope you all agree. Just  close your one eye and continue playing imagining what's the story  about; it isn't very serious so don't be one :)

Here is what you need to start playing:
1. Use 'help' command if you're lost.
2. Use 'scenes' command if you want to know possible moves.
3. Use 'talk to' command to advance the plot.

Requirements:  Hard drive is a must. It should work on 1MB CHIP plus some other memory  but I didn't test it on such configuration. I was programming and  testing it on 2MB CHIP, 8MB FAST and 68030 CPU.

Link/Download: SW_Escape.lha

Some screenshots:

This is an adventure type game so if you are stuck and decide to ask a question about a solution please put a text like SPOILER! or something similar. It isn't hard so I think many of you will want to do it on their own.

Enjoy :)

PS Star Wars is copyrighted, I know, but this is non profit production and for a forgotten by the rest of the world computer so I believe no Disney agents come here to mess.

I realized you are using AMOS to make this game. I also noticed there are more than one .abk file which is what I wanted to do in my game development. How do I load more than one abk file and not cause graphics issue or palette issues in the screen?

Thanks in advance.