Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why do people believe the advertising?  (Read 9299 times)

Description:

Offline Boudicca

• Show all replies
Re: Why do people believe the advertising?
« on: March 28, 2010, 12:19:24 PM »
as I was pointing out on another thread regarding what AmigaOS was orignally called.......M$ OS's are not exactly as clear cut as the label suggests.

1. PCDOS/MSDOS Version 1 to 7 could be loaded with the Windows 1.0 to Windows ME GUI respectively. (Ok by the time of 95,98 and ME the lines were blurring somewhat but you could boot and run software using a single boot disk with no GUI in sight.)

2. Windows NT 3.1 for Intel IA-32, MIPS R3000/R4000 and Alpha, with PowerPC, Itanium and AMD64 was fully GUI running for the first time ntoskrnl.exe which did not run on top of any other OS Kernel with its own HAL.

3. Windows NT 3.5

4. Windows NT 4.0
5. Windows 2000/2000 Server (Version 5)
6. Windows XP/2003 Server (Version 5.1)
7. Windows Vista/2008 Server and Windows 7/Windows 2008 R2 (Version 6 and 6.1)

Thats were I see we are at, as the underlying Windows 7 OS is still Vista but tweaked. ( I think I read somewhere they have same internal version no.)

But I would suggest like Windows 98 Se and Me....Vista is toast compared to Windows 7 the experience is excellent generally.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 12:43:24 PM by Boudicca »
was Enterprise Vault (Its an Exchange Fail!), now its EMC Avamar, Dedupe for mostly everything including brain cells.

Offline Boudicca

• Show all replies
Re: Why do people believe the advertising?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 05:04:48 PM »
Quote from: Hell Labs;550036
I'd say it's gotten worse. The only practical difference between windows 7 and windows XP is the system requrements.

"wow it looks shiny! Are there any new features I will find useful?"

"errm... Windows 7 was your idea? DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS BING BING ******** MURDER GOOGLE GRAHSSASJIDSJKDJKDSNJKDSJDNKJDJKNDSJKDS"

Ah that facebook factor strikes again.....Sorry HellLabs you might be a lovely in real life, but drop the caps and drop that attitude, I don't post on here for you to continuously spurt diatribes and pointless swearing. At less have the decency to * out the U......rant mode off....

PS Don't fire back I won't respond....back to LFC v Sunderland
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 05:38:19 PM by Karlos »
was Enterprise Vault (Its an Exchange Fail!), now its EMC Avamar, Dedupe for mostly everything including brain cells.