Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 7607 times)

Description:

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: Windows 7
« on: October 22, 2009, 10:54:24 AM »
Pre-ordered and mine turned up early on monday due to postal strikes was sent out early. Seems ok so far.  lot better than Vista so far and good compatibality VM stuff so some stuff that didnt run under vista now works again.

Im quite impressed so far to be honest.
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 10:36:22 AM »
Quote from: amyren;526886
I installed windows 7 (one of the late betas) on a low spec laptop. It sure is better than Vista, but slower than XP Home on the same laptop.

If you have XP and it works ok, I see no reason to go to W7. The only reason for getting W7 would be if you were unlucky enaugh to buy a new PC bundles with the bloated Vista.

One of the main reasons is that it comes with 32bit and 64bitt as standard.  where as XP 64bit was expensive, rubbish and hardly supported, at least with windows 7 if you have the chip the you can run 64bit which will blow xp 32bit awat in terms of speed
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 01:06:28 PM »
Some people are just down on Microsoft and always will be.  I was probably guilty of it once upon time when I was a rabid Amiga user.  But lets be honest windows 7 or any version of windows including 98se and up blows the pants of AOS4.

And the other genious piece of microsoft , xbox360.  They really have pulled a decent machine with great online fucntionality, network and community tools together.