Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 7601 times)

Description:

Offline Lockon_15

• Show all replies
Re: Windows 7
« on: October 22, 2009, 07:52:33 AM »
Running W7 Enterprise since mid July.
No objections so far. Compared to XP, most visible improvements include multitasking performance and networking subsystem. Maybe there are some other goodies, but those mentioned come from corporate/IT user arena, far away from gamers.

Pure gamers use "world's greatest game machine", right ?
A500+/KS3.1/GVPA530/2MbChipRam+8MbFastRAM 2GbCF/YAMAHA CDRW

Offline Lockon_15

• Show all replies
Re: Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 09:10:54 AM »
Quote from: quarkx;526941
I am not talking about the TASKBAR, I am talking about things you need to use when fixing computers like the control panel. If you have things that are in the same place for 15 years, it gets to be a repetitive task to find and fix things. Easy and a lot less time waisted for you and your customers. Also A classic start menu is another thing also, but someone will make these tings in Windows blinds and make a ton of money. I don't care what the kernal is like, make the gui look close to XP so we can find things easily, with little or no fuss.
Again, I have beta tested it for over 6 months and found it extremely frustrating. Since I went back to XP, my laptop has been running stress free and 10X faster and everything just works. You cant argue with those results.

Yes, MS decided to drop Classic option this time. Maybe they should had it for people like you, I would't mind it. IMHO, that's a good decision, IT won't make a significant progress if it's being dragged by legacy features. For that fact I'd like to see some departure from HW side, too. Something like evolution of BIOS, bus architecture or storage paradigm, or shortly improvement of all PC legacy which is still unchanged for almost last 30 years.

If you have older HW, then it's more than logical to use XP due lower resource footprint. But for newer and forecoming HW, this is no brainer. W7 and XP cannot be compared with multitasking/multithreading performance, for legacy application there's a XP mode already reducing some compatibility gap and that's just the tip of iceberg.
A500+/KS3.1/GVPA530/2MbChipRam+8MbFastRAM 2GbCF/YAMAHA CDRW