Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 7580 times)

Description:

Offline neofree

• Show all replies
Re: Windows 7
« on: October 23, 2009, 03:48:36 AM »
I actually came here to post a similar thread...

Since the PS2 I've felt like Gaming was finally cool again as the 64/Amiga days.

Since Mac OS X Tiger, I've felt that there was an OS out there that totally blew away the Amiga.

And now to my amazement, Windows 7 puts Microsoft on par with Apple.  I've been using it for awhile both at work and at home, and it's just really a big change for Windows.  

I'm using my Mac, with Snow Leopard, right now to type this.. And it's still my main machine..      And you have to give Apple some credit here..  They really have started to take off lately, and this was giving Microsoft some real competition, that drove them to make Windows 7 what it is.

This is awesome.  We don't want to be ruled by one OS..  We want competition because that's what makes things better.  

Thanks,

Neofree

Offline neofree

• Show all replies
Re: Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 05:35:41 AM »

So are you saying it's" Windows for Mac users?". My biggest "pet Peeve" with it was in the beta, there was no "Classic" mode (like all the other Windows up until and including XP). Because they moved and re-named many things, I couldn't find things or it took a while to guess where things would be.

It's completely awesome they didnt put a classic mode.  You're missing most of the benefit of the new Taskbar (which is much like the OS X Dock) with it.  It doesn't take long to understand the benefit of your program always being in the same place, instead of a scattered ADD mess of tabs.  You can quickly go down to the same icon that's always in the same place, and quickly see the windows that are open from that icon.. Or.. if none are open you are using the icon to start the program.  It really merges all the redundant systems, Start menu, Quick Launch, Taskbar (old), etc.   The Mac has had this for years but Windows has finally got with the program.  Just waiting for Linux to get a clue.

A friend of mine sounded exactly as you.. He went ahead and tried it for awhile (pre-release) after realizing he just couldnt do classic and realized it was much better.

Thanks,

Neofree