Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for Dealers/Service in Wisconsin...  (Read 5098 times)

Description:

Offline amesie2

• Show all replies
    • http://www.amiga.org
Re: Looking for Dealers/Service in Wisconsin...
« on: November 30, 2006, 07:17:03 PM »
I remember Ray from back when he was in a different shop about 1.5 - 2 miles from where he is now.

His shop has always been loaded with alot of stuff, I remember back when he was at his other shop he had 2 sons (I think) working with him and his dad was in the shop too.
He and his boys were always working on Amigas and C64's soldering stuff in the front behind the counter. Ray also had a BBS running for quite some time which I visited from time to time.

Just last year my dad and I packed up dad's Aerostar extended van with back seats removed, we piled from the floor to the ceiling Commodore and Amiga stuff and brought it to Ray to sell dad got 300.00 for the whole load.

There were about 3 C64's in boxes and a couple without, 2 vic-20's out of boxes, 1 C128-D out of box, a few dataset tape drives, several 1541's and 1571's, 3 amiga 500's one with external hardrive that plugged into the side port, 2 amiga 2000's in boxes, 1 amiga 2500 out of box with 2620 and microway flicker fixer, Buddah IDE, external floppy drives 1010, couple of different Bridgeboards 1-386 1-486 Goldengate, 1 ICD 68000 adspeed accel, 1 1084S mon., 2 1902 monitors, boxes and boxes of compute magazines, run, ahoy, and others, loads of 64 and amiga software.

We managed to keep a 2000 I bought about 8 years ago which was brand new in the original box (for 128.00). We added to it a microway flicker fixer, 68040 blizzard board, Catweasel with Buddah, HD floppy drive, 1084S, and some misc. disks for the Amiga.

We just recently purchased 3 4000T's from AVS which used to be an Amiga dealer in MN. Barry has pretty much gone to PC based support and has very little Amiga stuff left, He does have as of about 2 mos. ago 1 A4000D and A1200, he has a handful of Toaster boards and a few other misc. things. The 4000T's we bought worked but needed some TLC mine has a CSMKIII 060 in it (the other 2 are stock). We didn't get any software with the systems or manuals (hence my post for a copy of a 4000T manual) anyhow I am rambling so I better stop for now.

IN closing Ray has been around for a while in generally the same area, I have not had anything serviced by him so can't say how his service is. I do know that the items he does have he gets a fair price for (not that they aren't woth it) just like people on Ebay usually get decent prices.

Anyhow goodluck on your repairs!!!  

Offline amesie2

• Show all replies
    • http://www.amiga.org
Re: Looking for Dealers/Service in Wisconsin...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 10:17:05 PM »
Fester,

Ray has some strange hours as I remember.

Mon. Closed

Tues. thru Fri. is 12:00 to 5:00

Sat. I think he is also 12:00 to 5:00 but not always

Sun. Closed

Not sure if this helps or not, you should be able to get hold of him by phone.