Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi All....  (Read 2600 times)

Description:

Offline amigazoneTopic starter

• Show only replies by amigazone
Hi All....
« on: March 15, 2007, 03:20:15 PM »
Just a bit about myself...

I was an Amiga 500+ owner from 1990 to 1997, and have got to admit that it was the best computer i had ever had, even though the PC was on par with the Amiga around that time, I still loved my Amiga.

When my A500+ saw a sudden end to its life in 1997 I was gutted. I then had a new life with the PC. 12 Months after getting the PC, I decided to go backto Amiga and got myself an A1200(Wicked) that lived intil 2004.

I am now back on the PC again and hate it and windows. I hate Microsofts domination of IT.

I have now found that Amiga & Workbench is still around and hardware is being created for the new AmigaOS 4.0 andnow i'm buzzin. Hope all the issues with the new hardware are sorted soon.

I can tell you that when a fully working version of the new AmigaOne and OS 4.0 Are on the market, i'll be the first one there.

I urge everyone else to do the same and end MS's domination and go with a platform that was the best then and could be again.

Long Live Amiga

Note to mfrs and developers: Make the amiga what it once was and support this gr8 platform. Lets see the Amiga back in PC World and on the High Street Again
Move Forward>>>

Offline amigakit

Re: Hi All....
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 03:23:12 PM »
Welcome!
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline 4pLaY

• Show only replies by 4pLaY
    • https://www.amigalife.org
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 04:09:24 PM »
There is more to PC then windows :) even an Amiga like OS in AROS (www.aros.org) if you wish to dabble with something now.

Offline amigazoneTopic starter

• Show only replies by amigazone
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 04:27:24 PM »
If there having issues with hardware for a new amiga... why didn't they produce AmigaOS based on intel or AMD technology or even a PC in general.

With all the advancements in electronics a PC could run an AmigaOS and all the hardware inc soundcards and GFX cards are there instead of trying to develope new hardware.

To me it would make more sence to build an AmigaOS around a PC platform and use hardware/software emulation to rollback to early versions.

No early amiga has the graphics or sound ability that is avalable now, so why create an OS that requires custom hardware. The only custom hardware required would be an FDD controler for the Amiga Format and rollback emulation.
Move Forward>>>

Offline Kronos

• Resident blue troll
    • Show only replies by Kronos
    • http://www.SteamDraw.de
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 04:34:17 PM »
@amigazone

I'll just say "Amithlon".

I'll just whisper "(Win)UAE".  ;-)
1. Make an announcment.
2. Wait a while.
3. Check if it can actually be done.
4. Wait for someone else to do it.
5. Start working on it while giving out hillarious progress-reports.
6. Deny that you have ever announced it
7. Blame someone else