Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: X1000 benchmarks  (Read 10569 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: X1000 benchmarks
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:47:48 PM »

Also for any benchmark it should be noted whether or not HIGHER is better or LOWER is better

best case they get head in head.

up till now, real life benchs show x1k=mac g4 on slightly lower clock.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 03:28:55 PM »
@billyfish:
but these are calculation benchmarks im talking about, what can be done about the os to make them run faster on a given hardware?? i mean except it is seriously busy-looping in the background at all times.

I'm much more interested in how people are finding them in every day use.

and then you post a highly artificial benchmark result to start the thread? learn to live with objective results you get. i hope you will find real life benchmarks to your liking even if it might be difficult considering the current performance to the gfx card and lack of 3d support?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:34:48 PM by wawrzon »

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 01:07:16 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;679068

I'm also not convinced we've really seen what the hardware is capable of yet. We know that OS4 certainly isn't making the most of it right now, being restricted to 32-bit operation on a single core. Even 64-bit PPC linux will have limitations if you use a modern graphics card with it as you are unlikely to get a vendor-supplied driver for PPC (unlike OSX) and will have to rely on whatever open source alternatives there are.

apart from multicore support i dont see how 64bit operation would speed up anything. in fact my 64bit version of lightwave9 was marhinally slower than a 32bit on my then 64bit capable system. 64bit operation enabled amounts of memory are anyway marginally useful under amiga-like applications. so thats imho not a point.