Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga on the Lake  (Read 5249 times)

Description:

Offline David WrightTopic starter

Amiga on the Lake
« on: December 13, 2018, 08:04:48 PM »
I have inquired twice about the Amiga OS 3.1.4 with rom after ordering it weeks ago.
I know they say on the front page their problems getting it but come on, answer an email.
I can get other places.
No updates on their blog or facebook also.
Wondering what's up.

Offline outlawal2

Re: Amiga on the Lake
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 08:33:28 PM »
Yeah I finally picked up the phone and called them..  Once I had someone on the phone things progressed nicely..

Great place to get Amiga hardware but they don't always check emails and such..

Such is the Amiga landscape..
 :(

Offline trekiej

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 09:23:17 PM »
I have bought from them with success a couple of times.
edit:
I waited 3 to 5 days and then emailed for status.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 09:52:21 PM by trekiej »
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

Offline kreciu

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 09:56:51 PM »
I ordered from them OS3.1.4 + ROM. It is already installed and happy :). I pre-ordered few weeks ago.
Re-A1200inE/BOX/3.2/AmigaOS3.2/TF1260@66Mhz/256Mb/MediatorTX/R9200SE/SpiderUSB/LAN/SB128/16Gb-CF/DVD-ROM/FDD-HD

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 12:31:36 AM »
Amiga On The Lake is the best!

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 01:54:55 AM »
Look, I have bought a few items on maybe four occasions from them. Always exemplary service and follow up to questions. That is why the no responses are vexing to me.

guest21199

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 04:55:09 AM »
I think that he might be doing something else at the moment had similar problem he was away working on another project .Aplogized and all then rectified problem ASAP .I think the Amiga at this point you need other work till it’s fully back on its feet .Personally hoping this will happen when the A1222 comes out .Hpoe this helps

Offline efrenmgp

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 05:15:18 AM »
I ordered from them OS3.1.4 + ROM. It is already installed and happy :)

Maybe this has been answered before but, how is the OS 3.1.4 package? I mean, physically?

Only the floppies and the ROM? Is the rom printed or labelled? And I assume a box and printed manual are just not part of the deal right?

Thanks!

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 01:41:38 PM »
No box but there are printed instructions that come with the ROM and floppies.. Nothing special, just simple page prints from a standard printer. I am betting AOTL prints them out and adds them to the package during shipment.

(I haven't really looked at them yet as I am still waiting on my Amigas to come back from ASCILL as he works his magic on them for me.)

The ROMs are labeled as are the floppies, but one thing I noticed is that if you have bought multiple versions (IE 2000, 1200 and 3000 like I did) the floppies are all labeled the same and do not specify the model.  So don't mix them up!  As I understand it each model has slightly different files depending on the model.. (Example would be SCSI specific files for 3000 and IDE specific files for the 1200)

So, as soon as I received them I made small labels with the model and affixed them in the corner of each disk so it is easier to keep track..
Once I actually start using them I will provide some details to folks as I go..
 :)

And again I recommend the OP to call Amiga On The Lake directly.  Once you have him on the phone he is VERY quick to fix whatever issues you have and he will take great care of you...

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 01:46:59 PM by outlawal2 »

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 03:48:24 PM »
Aaron has contacted me today and explained how bad it is because of the postal strike (somewhere) holding it up.
He told me it takes over an hour a day just contacting people who have same question I have.
Now I feel bad, but glad to just hear it. Hope others see this here so as to give the poor guy some rest.

This isn't blood plasma needed for surgery so I can wait as long as needed. They really are a benefit to the Amiga community.

Offline kreciu

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 04:08:09 PM »
In Amiga Universe few weeks it is NOTHING. You know A1222 is "almost here" ;).
Re-A1200inE/BOX/3.2/AmigaOS3.2/TF1260@66Mhz/256Mb/MediatorTX/R9200SE/SpiderUSB/LAN/SB128/16Gb-CF/DVD-ROM/FDD-HD

Offline wiser3

• Show only replies by wiser3
    • http://www.trep4.com/
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2018, 03:29:24 AM »
Any definite word on why Hyperion is delaying sending OS3.1.4 information to Amiga on the Lake?

Could they be making more bug fixes to it? I think it's more likely for legal reasons.

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2018, 02:53:09 PM »
Here is part of what Aaron told me last week,

This is a huge mess up and we have ordered more and we hope to have in 4 days some more stickers that WE NEED in order to ship. We are so sorry that this has happened

Offline xyzzy666

• Show only replies by xyzzy666
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 03:40:58 PM »
The ROMs are labeled as are the floppies, but one thing I noticed is that if you have bought multiple versions (IE 2000, 1200 and 3000 like I did) the floppies are all labeled the same and do not specify the model.  So don't mix them up!  As I understand it each model has slightly different files depending on the model.. (Example would be SCSI specific files for 3000 and IDE specific files for the 1200)

AFAIK only the ROM and the 'Modules' disk (which is not included in the physical disk set but can be downloaded from Hyperion) have files specific to the different Amiga models, while the 6 'base' 3.1.4 disks (Install, Workbench, Extras, Fonts, Locale, Storage) are the same for every model.

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2018, 04:08:10 PM »
OK thanks for that info.  I wasn't going to take the chance so I took a few minutes and labelled them anyway..