Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WTB: PAL C64c or mainboard  (Read 878 times)

Description:

Offline iconoclaSTTopic starter

• Show only replies by iconoclaST
WTB: PAL C64c or mainboard
« on: May 11, 2009, 05:20:55 AM »
Blah, I live in the USA, the home of the inferior NTSC video standard. Anyways, I know it's not quite an Amiga, but I was wondering if any fellow Commie fans on here might have a working PAL C64c, or at least the motherboard they'd be willing to sell or trade for something (Perhaps a working A500 Rev. 6 motherboard and clean A500 case that I have no need for?)

I'm hoping to run more PAL-only content, and most of the games I come across run way too fast on my NTSC C64. I've tried looking into converting it into a PAL C64, but as far as I can tell, it's not as simple of a job as it is with an Amiga, and requires getting completely different versions of chips, as well as crystal and jumper changes.

Or, in case anyone on here doesn't, would anyone know of a reputable place I can get a working PAL C64c motherboard?

Offline impactor

• Show only replies by impactor
Re: WTB: PAL C64c or mainboard
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 08:38:13 AM »
Hi,

Try these guys - Commodore Computer Club UK :

http://www.commodorecomputerclub.co.uk/forums/index.php
A1200T Apollo DKB 1240@28MHz/16 MB/4.2 GB HD/OS 3.5.

Offline shems

• Show only replies by shems
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 11:15:33 PM »
Well in case you dont manage to find one
here is thelist of mods needed to convert your ntsc to pal machine

1 short J3 it is open for NTSC but has to be linked for PAL
2 replace U7 the vic chip to a MOS8565
3 replace the rom as the pal version is slightley different you wll need  MOS251913-01

4 replace the xtal Y1

5 *optional* replace the modulator but if you use  the AV din plug it isn't necessary

hope this helps
shem

Offline Gavilan

• Show only replies by Gavilan
    • http://coming soon....
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 06:49:32 PM »
@iconoclaST: i live in a country which has PAL variant of tv (PAL-N it is called). Its very similar to PAL-B (german PAL i think), but if you put the computer into a PAL-B TV you will get black and white screen.

Anyway, my point is: if you are going to use the machine hooked to a Commodore monitor or similar, i have plenty of C=64 mobos full working with all chips.

If you are interested in one, you can have one, just for shipping costs (about 30 american dollars i guess?)

Let me know

Regards

Sebastian
C= & Amiga user & abuser since 1986
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]