Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Site Maintenance and security updates discussion  (Read 8214 times)

Description:

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: Site Maintenance and security updates discussion
« on: February 23, 2005, 04:56:33 PM »

ltstanfo wrote:
With respect to cleaning up the forums database, it has become quite large and really should be optimized.  I do tend to agree with others here about some of the forums needing to be maintained for archival purposes (AMIGA related) so I would like to suggest to Wayne that only the Coffee House forums be cleaned up, using the rule he listed.

Aye, probably for the best... Maybe keep sock related threads though... ;-)

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: Site Maintenance and security updates discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 02:44:26 PM »

Wayne wrote:
Alas, the password changes are not to be.  

Despite giving everyone over 1.5 months to comply and update their e-mail addresses, only 8% of you ever did, meaning that if I changed everyone's password, I would get about 1000 people {bleep}ing and screaming because I wouldn't manually reset their password later, or thousands of orphaned posts as I deleted older accounts.  Then we'd get a couple of thousand new duplicate accounts being created in violation of our Terms of Service.

Suffice to say that while I thank everyone who took it seriously, I'm very disappointed in those that couldn't be arsed to even do one little thing to help this Web site out.  Toss in the few "misunderstandings" and "threats of boycott" and I simply suppose that Amiga.org will have to continue on, as is, until it's hacked again (which will happen), at which point I'll simply find something else to do with my time.  If -- as it appears -- the vast majority of active members don't really care, why should I?

:-(

Wayne

My Email is correct though...