Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Suggestion: Ban-rationale thread  (Read 8327 times)

Description:

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show all replies
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Re: Suggestion: Ban-rationale thread
« on: August 30, 2011, 11:18:04 AM »
Wow.  The Army's been keeping me busy and I come back and find this?!?!

As the "youngest" of the Mods I'd have to say that trying to do this would be over kill.

Mods are doing their job, weather you agree with their decisions or not, to help keep the Forum running.  This is a thankless job as others have said and also pays na-da!

To add more hoops to go through just to do our jobs would almost certainly break the system.  All the extra work would keep us from doing our jobs and enjoying the site ourselves.

I know, coming from me that sounds really hypocritical.  I got involved in the "Franko Incident of 2011" because their was some issues that went way beyond simple moderating and I didn't get involved until I had a lot of information on and from both sides.

Asking for an explanation for a mod's actions is the Forum Admin's job.  That is where the Franko bit ended up and where it was solved.

So, if you have a friend who finds himself ousted, ask him why and/or check his most recent posts and work your way up from there.
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 11:54:03 AM »
I just thought of another reason against the Ban thread.  Some people may not want others to know what they did.

I've received requests from people to have things completely removed that they have put up for the reason that they realize what a bad mistake it was in the first place.

Whether they were banned or not, people don't like their dirty laundry waved around like a banner and made public.  It is embarrassing and humiliating and most people who receive warnings or temporary bans just want to get past the situation and get on with posting.
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 01:46:12 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;656921
What are you Hitler?    :eek:

OOOHHHH Watch it!  Saying that is what got Megan Fox Kicked from doing Transformers 3!!!!!:nervous:

WWBD?