Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Doom wont run?  (Read 5524 times)

Description:

Offline rockersuke

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga Doom wont run?
« on: March 28, 2010, 03:22:48 AM »
Nice job!

Doom brings a lot of memories from my first PC years. I had relunctantly lost all hope on Amiga things (...did I? :-) ) around 1995 and got into a Pentium 100 MHz machine. Going like crazy to get a copy of Doom was one of the first things I tried, and I got hooked as hell... beating the game, playing all those tons of homemade maps, watching as people started patching graphics here and sounds there...

Eventualy I learnt to make such things myself, having fun changing some bits until I started a whole anime related patch project, changing characters, sounds, music, etc.. with stuff from popular 90's series like Sailor Moon, Ranma, Tenchi Muyo, Kimagure Orange Road, Dragonball... (I bet many last generation otaku-fans would no even get some of the in-jokes ^_^'). It was all quite advanced and then... I got lazy, time passed, Doom faded away, and my manga-wad went to rest forgotten in some corner of a hard drive.

Unexpectdly, a decade later I'm a retro-computing enthusiast and an active Amiga user again, and find myself playing good old Doom in my 030 accelerated A1200. To my delight, my old wads survived migration after migration to my latest PC, and maps, graphics, sounds, deh files, etc... all work with no trouble under ADoom :D

So now I might finish it all... eer, some day! ;-)

(next step is getting it networked with some of the other Dooms in my PC through the wifi LAN, but I guess that will take time XDD)