Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga lynch mob part II  (Read 2695 times)

Description:

Offline humppa

• Show only replies by humppa
Re: Amiga lynch mob part II
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 07, 2007, 05:05:48 PM »
Because I will NOT spend more $$$ for that.

Ok, apparently you prefer whining in the forums instead and chose to deliberately ignore the most common way to solve "problems" with companies: call the guys.

Offline T_Bone

• Show only replies by T_Bone
    • http://www.amiga.org/userinfo.php?uid=1961
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 07:18:19 PM »

eslapion wrote:

odin wrote:
Why does everyone have so much problems using a telephone? E-mail is NOT a medium one can rely on.

email is a very reliable medium when somebody cares to READ them.

If they get them, if they arn't filtered out, if they are sent from a machine not virus infected, if it's not buried under a mountain of penis enlarger spam, etc etc.

this space for rent

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 08:03:32 PM »
I agree with T_Bone, there are a lot of things that can prevent an email from being delivered, and if it was filtered you might not even receive a bounce message.

Why not call them and insist that they refund the price of the call as part of their customer service? Honestly though, if your policy is you can't call overseas about a product, then maybe ordering from overseas is something you should avoid in the future. It's also a little strange that once you determined the board didn't work, the first thing you did is start popping components off of it - did you read the warranty conditions before you did that?

Offline CLS2086

• Show only replies by CLS2086
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 08:41:16 PM »
I agree with jorkany
Keep the Faith !
VG 5000/A1000/500/500+/600/2000/CDTV/1200PPC-GREX/1200PPC -ATEO-BV/4060D/CD32/Aone/Peg 1/Peg2 G4/ various funny machines too  :-) http://www.mo5.com/collection/index.php?pseudo=CLS2086
I also repair drives of our old beloved Amiga

Offline X-ray

• Show only replies by X-ray
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 08:44:13 PM »
Bob Hoskins said it best: "It's good to talk."

Offline ffastback

• Show only replies by ffastback
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 09:06:55 PM »
I recently bought a video card from them.  They were VERY reachable via email.  They answered each of the couple of emails I sent and very promptly.  And what I was asking was just checking in on shipping as I'm in the U.S.

As to email vs. fax.  Businesses should scan their SPAM folders every couple of days and the chances should be low of not answering all customer queries, even if it takes extra time due to it accidently getting sorted as SPAM.  If they have no anti-spam solution and their ibox directly is such a mess they shouldn't be in the computer business.  Maybe try making a gmail or hotmail account to try emailing from a different address.

While you shouldn't have to fax its probably best to do that before taking it to a forum.  You aren't ordering a new DVD from Amazon.  You are ordering an antique PCB from a specialty dealer which we are lucky we have them around ultimately.  The fact that you need to be doing business with a firm in Germany in the first place shows the current state of the hobby.  A little more effort as a customer from time to time is unavoidable unfortunately given that.

You altered the contents of the board.  Whats to say you didn't fry the board with a static discharge pulling the ROMS off?  What exactly should they do for you with the ROMless board at this point anyway?

Offline Stevo

• Show only replies by Stevo
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 09:44:13 PM »
It's been 2 years ago, but I bought something from them, had some probs with it, emailed and they where quick to respond. They where very helpfull and understanding as well. But, as I said, that was 2 years ago.
\\"You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan, I have no ego to bruise\\"

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2007, 09:54:58 PM »

T_Bone wrote:

If they get them, if they arn't filtered out, if they are sent from a machine not virus infected, if it's not buried under a mountain of penis enlarger spam, etc etc.

Pssh. Whatever, T Bone. Like *YOU* get emails for or are in need of a "penis enlarger".  :-D

All you black guys, always trying to rub it in.

*snort*  :lol:

[EDIT] - Nice to see you around here again, BTW. Haven't seen you, in a while.  :-)
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline KThunder

• Show only replies by KThunder
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2007, 10:00:16 PM »
yeah i alway laugh when i see those emails, like i need that
im not black though.
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline pixie

• Show only replies by pixie
    • http://savoc.tripod.com
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2007, 10:03:34 PM »
What makes you think that it doesn't work? I bought one A1200 from Escom and because it didn't behave as the old ones I also though it wasn't working, but then I made it not to work! :-D

pixie- writing from a paradise called Portugal

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 12:28:06 AM »
I sent this e-mail to both info@vesalia.de and support@vesalia.de
================================================
Subject: Dead Amiga 1200 NTSC board...

A few weeks ago I ordered a brand new Amiga 1200 NTSC motherbaord from you guys.

It was very poorly packaged and directly exposed to bubble foam likely to cause static electricity discharge. Sure enough the board is totally dead, the power LED will not even turn on.

It is NOT a problem with my power supply as it comes from another well working 1200.

I paid a few hundreds of dollars for this board and had to wait a good amount of time to receive THIS???

This is revolting.

Francois Leveille
===============================================

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 12:48:07 AM »

ffastback wrote:
You altered the contents of the board.  Whats to say you didn't fry the board with a static discharge pulling the ROMS off?  What exactly should they do for you with the ROMless board at this point anyway?

That's a nice way to denigrate people...

I removed the ROMs AFTER testing the board. I put them in another 1200 and I didn't fry it.

I received the board in a flimsy piece of folded card wrapped in bubble foam that can generate static electricity...

When you power up a working 1200 board with nothing attached, it first displays a balck screen then it shows the color checkmark with the floppy animation asking for a WB disk. This board didn't even give any video signal and a connected power LED wouldn't even light.

I sold a lot of antique electronics, mostly VIC-20 and C64 stuff on eBay. Check my feedback, it is 100% positive. They should have done just like I do, check and test before shipping.

I am not going to get myself a 100$ phone bill to get service from them.

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 01:19:33 AM »
It costs 0.012 eurocents per minute to call Germany from anywhere in the world with something like voipbuster.com.

I really don't get why one would want to be stubborn about not phoning a company one has trouble with. Clearly it's not being resolved via e-mail, heck even sending a paper letter costs a few quarters. Print your e-mails and stuff them in an envelope if you absolutely won't use the phone!

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2007, 01:29:11 AM »
motorollin wrote:
That's not the point. If they have a support email address then one would expect them to respond to emails sent to it. Failing to do so is very poor service.

Yeah but apparently they don't reply. So then what? Sit around crying that they *should* reply? That doesn't solve the problem at hand.