Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: USB card Highway  (Read 2458 times)

Description:

Offline PhatAgnus

• Show all replies
Re: USB card Highway
« on: May 07, 2002, 02:34:53 AM »
This I can hardly wait for!! AmigaOne?? I'm sitting on the fence for that to prove worthy.
USB for the Classic is a major asset, even if it isn't fully 2.0 compatible. My biggest concern right now is who's gonna
sell them here in the States? Oh, I see it now...KDH have Software Hut listed as US Distributor!! Cool! My order gets placed tomorrow!
Still would like to see drivers developed for PDA devices though. Anyone out there tinkerin' in this driver code yet??
\\"You\\\'re asking for logic where there is none.\\"

Offline PhatAgnus

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2002, 01:57:49 PM »
Well, erm...with Spitfire2 PDA linking software (which BTW is a superb piece of code bar none!) I had to have it point to the '8n1.device' for it to communicate with my Handspring. If there's to be a flat out 'universal' usb.device driver without bells & whistles it may just work...it just sounds all too simple to be true! I've never dealt with USB ports, not even on Wintel boxes, so it's uncharted waters all together. Now...what about accessories that attach to the PDA expansion ports, like MiniJAM MP3 module, or the various digicam devices? Wouldn't they need devoted drivers?

Offline PhatAgnus

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2002, 01:31:31 PM »
Is there a dealer minimum required?

Offline PhatAgnus

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2002, 01:36:18 PM »
Seeing the recent post on B&P being updated made me start to wonder about USB Midi devices and Highway/Subway support for those as well....hmmmmmm.