Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: An alternative approach to re-launching classic computers...  (Read 7062 times)

Description:

Offline hairy

• Show only replies by hairy
Re: An alternative approach to re-launching classic computers...
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 11:48:02 PM »
Quote from: Tripitaka;669425
What you mean of course is that YOU are tired of it. Don't be so damned arrogant. Do you think you speak for anyone else on A.org? You sure don't speak for me, CUSA to me is just some shoddy company that rapes the Amiga name for profit and does nothing to advance real Amiga's at all. Franko on the other hand, annoying or not, is a talented enthusiast whose heart and personal time is put into writing Amiga code for us all to use. He has done more for Amiga than CUSA has, that's for sure.

He sure speaks for me too.
I'm tired as well of hearing always the same bunch of people ready to moan like crybabies at the first sight of a yellow drop (which could be beer) in one of their "approved" threads, while at the same time they find perfectly reasonable to throw piss in buckets or barrels quantity onto anything "not kosher" according to their own judgement.

Offline commodorejohnTopic starter

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 11:58:56 PM »
Quote from: hairy;669428
I'm tired as well of hearing always the same bunch of people ready to moan like crybabies at the first sight of a yellow drop (which could be beer) in one of their "approved" threads, while at the same time they find perfectly reasonable to throw piss in buckets or barrels quantity onto anything "not kosher" according to their own judgement.
I've never complained about people disagreeing with me in threads where I express my opinion, I just disagree with their disagreement. That's kind of how opinions work.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline Terminills

• Grand Conspirator
    • Show only replies by Terminills
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2011, 12:11:21 AM »
Quote from: hairy;669428
He sure speaks for me too.

+1 :)
Support AROS sponsor a developer.

edited by mod: this has been addressed

Offline hairy

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2011, 12:17:35 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;669431
I've never complained about people disagreeing with me in threads where I express my opinion, I just disagree with their disagreement. That's kind of how opinions work.

Fine then.
So I can expect that every time I feel the urge to speak my mind about the X1000 being an overpriced doorstop, or similar dislike of Natami etc., regardless of the relevance to the thread, you'll be there disagreeing with me and yet supporting my freedom of speech.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 12:21:04 AM by hairy »

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2011, 12:21:39 AM »
Quote from: hairy;669435
So I can expect that every time I feel the urge to speak my mind about that the X1000 being an overpriced doorstop, or similar dislike of Natami etc., regardless of the relevance to the thread, you'll be there disagreeing with me and yet supporting my freedom of speech.
No, I agree with you about the X1000. But if you mean "will I keep stating my opinion on whatever subject comes up," yes, that's kind of what forums are for.
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline Delta

• Show only replies by Delta
    • http://www.atelierdujeu.com
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2011, 12:33:43 AM »
I'm sure CUSA bashing will end soon because these products are so bad and useless they won't be able to keep on going like that and should go bankrupt soon according to business logic.  

Uninteresting product + bad support = big loss of money   its quite obvious...

@commodorejohn
I love your thread top message, you sure have a talent for writing what a lot of us non-english speaking amigans are thinking :)

Even overpriced the X1000 is at least an original product that does not insult the Amiga name.   There is something called "business ethic" and I don't think CUSA has some...
-=Delta

Offline Tripitaka

• Show only replies by Tripitaka
    • http://acidapple.com
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2011, 12:43:17 AM »
Quote from: hairy;669435
Fine then.
So I can expect that every time I feel the urge to speak my mind about the X1000 being an overpriced doorstop, or similar dislike of Natami etc., regardless of the relevance to the thread, you'll be there disagreeing with me and yet supporting my freedom of speech.

Dude, the only things you ever post about are CUSA related anyway, maybe you should just use the CUSA forums and be happy. That way the long term Amiga users CUSA insult can rant away as much as we like and we can't upset you.
Falling into a dark and red rage.

Offline hairy

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 01:07:58 AM »
Quote from: Tripitaka;669440
Dude, the only things you ever post about are CUSA related anyway, maybe you should just use the CUSA forums and be happy.

And your point is?
I don't owe you any proof of loyalty to the holy cause... nor to demonstrate that "I'm not dammy" :roflmao:

Maybe it's in order to remeber that during Generalissimo Franko epoch you haters promoted NOT ONE BUT TWO polls intended to outlaw CUSA posts.
But you were outnumbered in both.

Still the moderators thought that instead of having you STFU, the sock drawer was a better idea. A decision that I respect: their site, their policy.

The very moment I'll be asked to leave by them, I'll do it promptly.

Quote from: Tripitaka;669440

That way the long term Amiga users CUSA insult can rant away as much as we like and we can't upset you.

"Long term amiga user" is another slippery and subjective definition, just like "Amiga" itself. According to my join date, I'm longer term user than you.

In your own words, don't be so damned arrogant.

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2011, 01:17:55 AM »
Quote from: hairy;669442
Maybe it's in order to remeber that during Generalissimo Franko epoch you haters promoted NOT ONE BUT TWO polls intended to outlaw CUSA posts.
Actually, more than a few of us "haters" voted against that.

Offline Tripitaka

• Show only replies by Tripitaka
    • http://acidapple.com
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2011, 01:22:51 AM »
@Hairy

First off, My point I already made, it's the point about you finding a happy place in your life with people of like mind. I think we should all try to be happy.

Secondly,I promoted no such poll. Off you go with that royal "we" attitude again.

Thirdly, I agreed with the mods decision anyway as I'm anti-censorship...

...and as for how long I've been an Amiga user, how the hell does that relate to my A.org join date? I've been an Amiga user since the 80's, before I ever had internet.

Finally, Arrogance is defined as having or showing an exaggerated opinion of one's own importance, by assuming the opinion of others as your own by using "we" instead of "I" for example. As you did earlier. I make no such assumption, only a suggestion that may help you find peace and tranquility. I'm just trying to help dude. ;)
Falling into a dark and red rage.

Offline spihunter

• Show only replies by spihunter
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2011, 01:23:58 AM »
So it seems that most folks here are either tired of C-USA or tired of the haters against C-USA. I would say that the solution would be for everyone to just register and post on their forum but the problem is that they delete anything there that is even the slightest bit negative, even if it's a valid question.

This is why we have to eternal loop going on here........

Quote from: hairy;669442
And your point is?
I don't owe you any proof of loyalty to the holy cause... nor to demonstrate that "I'm not dammy" :roflmao:

Still the moderators thought that instead of having you STFU, the sock drawer was a better idea. A decision that I respect: their site, their policy.

The very moment I'll be asked to leave by them, I'll do it promptly.

"Long term amiga user" is another slippery and subjective definition, just like "Amiga" itself. According to my join date, I'm longer term user than you.

In your own words, don't be so damned arrogant.

Offline kd7ota

• Show only replies by kd7ota
    • http://www.qrz.com
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 01:32:40 AM »
I just sharted...
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2011, 01:51:59 AM »
The hysterical thing is how oddly defensive people are about their particular views.  It's not about C-USA, or "the grand lineage of the Amiga" really, is it?  And before you know it, people are pulling the old "freedom of speech" card.

Enjoy what you got, buy what you want - and you SHOULD be able to voice your opinions in a sane and civil manner here.  If you feel C-USA is the future of the line, I'd love to hear a civil conversation about it that doesn't parrot a bunch of PR hype.  If you're of the old school camp and feel C-USA's offerings are the equivalent of raping you of your fond childhood Amiga moments, you should be able to point that out.  We are all capable of ignoring threads, and users, and at times I can see now that I have not helped situations with my contributions to threads.  I'm trying my best personally to not fuel the flames, but it's often hard to refrain from when people sweep blatant facts under the rug, you know?  One of the first times I ever spoke out against a certain camp, the one time I asked a few questions - I got personally harassed via PM for it.

That garbage doesn't matter to anyone with a brain.  It's filler.  I could sit here and pull my usual troll routine of pointing out hideous business management tactics and it likely won't keep anyone from buying a machine they are interested in.  If you are an old school Amigan, you know damned well the idea of a $ 25,000 x86 PC in a case is ludicrous.  If you are convinced said offerings from Commodore Usa, LLC - whether they be a 64, VIC or Amiga are a true revolution and not just a badge on a Linux PC (they admittedly are atm, even by C-USA's own description, I'd love to hear your angle on it.  I hope anyone that buys the Amiga of their choosing enjoys it, old, new, or otherwise.

We're all big boys and girls, capable of discussing hot button topics rationally - and I admit myself that I have fueled flames when I should have, which is a habit I am trying to break unless someone is outright lying about blatant facts.

Know who the true victims here are?  The little guys - the guys like the Natami guys, guys like the FPGA Arcade dudes burning their fingers with soldering irons, making what is as close to a modern day next gen, daily driver Amiga for all of us at likely very little to no profit.  Hell, even the PPC Amiga (and AROS on the other side, of course) guys should be entirely applauded for their efforts - MOS, OS4, etc. for keeping the boat afloat this long.

We can have civil debate here, and we can all ignore threads that offer differing viewpoints.  But for God's sakes, let's not ignore the above mentioned "little guys".  I'm sure we can all agree that aspect is extremely important, even if you are a next gen or non traditional PPC/Motorola fan.

Without the little guys we wouldn't be as far as we are.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:55:43 AM by Duce »

Offline Paradox-Computers.com

• Show only replies by Paradox-Computers.com
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2011, 02:16:36 AM »
Balls!

We need something similar to the Efika but the next line up in the CPU range that offers more Ram and Sata etc and maybe built in 3D GPU

Maybe two versions   A box type Amiga Nano £149   or a 10" Tablet £199

Simple and Cost Effective is USEFULL!

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2011, 02:23:08 AM »
Would be nice, but unfortunately, the people interested in producing something like that don't have the resources, and the people who have the resources aren't interested :/

Offline Skateman1972

• Show only replies by Skateman1972
« Reply #44 from previous page: December 17, 2011, 11:36:33 AM »
After having visited the commodore-usa website and installed their downloadable Beta OS...i gave it a try in a "regular pc". Its based on a Linux mint distro and looks pretty nice. The question if this has anything to do with the Commodore 64 i used to know from back then... nah..i dont think so.

But, instead of having for a Windows (or other os) based machine for Emulation use, u could also take a look at the Commodore os. I created a small movie running Commodore OS on my pc.

http://www.skateman.nl/2011/11/28/commodore-os-vision-running-on-my-pc/

Skateman1972

http://www.skateman.nl