Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga in an FPGA : Minimig  (Read 143773 times)

Description:

Offline uncharted

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga in an FPGA : Minimig
« on: December 05, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »
Welcome!

Sounds like a great project.  Make sure you keep us all updated.

Offline uncharted

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 10:55:19 AM »
@Jethro Tull

If you really want to know what is wrong with the Amiga "community" then place yourself in front of a mirror and look directly at it.

It's fine to be skeptical, I am too to a certain degree, but you've majorly crossed the line here.  Not only have to rabidly attacked this guy with no back-up, you've also mananged to insult everyone else in the process.

Nice one!

I'm incredibly dissapointed that one of the members here could be so amazingly rude.

The guy wasn't trying to sell anything, or become the saviour of Amiga, he just wanted to share his project with us.  Even if it comes to nothing in the end, who cares, it's interesting to hear about.  And if people want to give him the benefit of the doubt, then that is their right. (and yours to disagree with that, but not to insult)

It's on-line attitudes like this that have ruined everything as much (if not more so) as vapour over the last few years.  If you want to call bullcrap then do so, but do it with some manners, some respect and some first-hand evidence.  If others don't agree, then that is thier loss.  

Going for the throats of those who take a different view, or don't understand as well as you do has never acheived anything positive.

@ everyone else

(Sorry for the OT rant)

Offline uncharted

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 08:23:32 PM »

Senex wrote:
(Once I'll be employed again, I'll donate there as well, of course.)

I thought you worked for AHT, does that mean that that endeavour has ended?

I don't mean to pry, tell me to sod off if you wish :-)

Good luck with the job hunting :-)

Offline uncharted

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 06:25:36 PM »
ROCK ON!!!

Offline uncharted

• Show all replies
Re: Minimig demonstration
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 01:22:21 PM »

weirdami wrote:
I haven't been reading this thread, but I see it pop up a lot and it's been going on forever. So, I clicked in to see the latest and found some people questioning whether or not this minimig thing is real.

That was 18 months ago.

Have there been any public demonstrations or anything proof-wise on this thing?

Yes. Aside from videos etc. it's been demonstrated at a couple of Amiga shows.  To answer your underlying question, this is all legit and real.  The best part is it's all going to be opened up (some code has already been posted here) so it will be availabe to anyone who wishes to produce it.