Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So other commodore machines?  (Read 6768 times)

Description:

Offline Cammy

Re: So other commodore machines?
« on: April 03, 2011, 07:11:53 PM »
Over the years I've managed to pick up (for free) a C=64, C=64C, and C=128D (missing a keyboard). I also bought myself a C=64DTV (Direct-TV, the one inside a Competition Pro style joystick) from my local Target store when they were clearing them out, I was lucky to get the last of two units, the other having been opened already (probably returned), but I regret not getting that last one too now. This is the one I play games on, I haven't really had the time to set up the other Commodores permanently to use, but I'd like to eventually. There are plenty of newer games from recent years I'd love to try on them.

Here I am with my C=64DTV, and here I am playing Nebulus with the DTV on my Amiga's monitor (which has selectable RF,AV,S-Video,VGA, Component and HDMI inputs)

I would love to pick up a regular wedge model C=128 some day, and get a keyboard for my 128D. And of course I dream of some day getting one of Jens' awesome Chameleon cartridges so I can easily transfer software onto it to play and take advantage of all the other awesome features it has.

Some day I would love to be on a team that makes some C=64 games. I have ideas for some multi-platform retro games I'd love to make, targetting Commodores and Amigas, and maybe even Atari ST, Sega Mega Drive/Genesis (probably Mega/Sega CD), PC-Engine, Neo Geo CD, and I guess any other viable system where there's a coder willing to make a port.

I don't think it's impossible to make a retro multi-platform game and sell it these days. There seems to be a pretty healthy market for old second-hand games as well as new games for old systems, and other teams have pulled it off. As long as the game is simple enough to work on the lowest-end platform it shouldn't be too hard for a capable coder to reproduce on more powerful systems.

Okay, I'm dreaming a little bit, but I'm being honest about what I think about. I love the Commodore 64 with its quirky palette and amazing sound chip. I can't wait to play Shredz64 on one some day, preferably with one of my guitar controllers.
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS