Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kid Chaos AGA is the finest platform game on Amiga!  (Read 4072 times)

Description:

Offline drHirudo

• Show all replies
    • http://hirudov.com
Re: Kid Chaos AGA is the finest platform game on Amiga!
« on: July 02, 2004, 08:22:17 AM »
Hey don't put the SNES that down, it have only 3.58MHz CPU and it's something like 6502 on steroids (16-bit custom 65C816) with much poorer instruction set than the 68000. The strong points about it are the graphic chips (more powerful than the blitter and the copper - i.e. it easily does rotations/zooms which are exploited in almost every SNES game), multiple playfileds (only dual hardware defined in the Amiga), and it have 16BIT! sound chip done by SONY, but I like more the old Paula mods. These SNES musics sound too synthetical - like MIDI songs, grrrr. I hate MIDI songs. But the Super Turrican songs on the SNES sound exactly the same as on the Amiga Turrican 3. Probably it uses ported TFMX replayer.

I think even with cartridges you have to get the data off the cart and into memory to be able to manipulate it

But the code can be in the ROM, and you need the RAM only for variables storage and/or uncompressing data, which have to be sent to the video or the sound devices. The Amiga programs/data must always be stored in the RAM (excluded are the ROM routines - Kickstart). And you need code for loading/decompressing to the RAM, not to mention the protection, which is not present in the cartridges. And on the SNES if you run under 6502 emulation you will waste 8 bits for instruction, compared to 16 bits (2 bytes) on the 68000.

As for the Mr. Nutz - he is still alive. I spotted him on the GameBoy Advanced.