Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kid Chaos AGA is the finest platform game on Amiga!  (Read 4069 times)

Description:

Offline Ilwrath

Re: Kid Chaos AGA is the finest platform game on Amiga!
« on: June 25, 2004, 04:43:13 AM »
As much as I like some of the other platformers mentioned here...  

I have to go with Superfrog as the all time best Amiga platformer.  It has Eric Schwartz movies, great graphics, catchy tunes, great level design, fast scrolling, great animation, a fun little green gloppy thing to throw around, a good difficulty balance, those bouncy springboards that cause massive frog abuse in the later levels, and, of course, the icy and slippery slides.  Just hearing the frog screaming WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE as he zings headlong down the hill at about 1,000 mph still cracks me up!

Another great platformer that I didn't see mentioned so far was Fury of the Furries.  I love the little dude that swings on the ninja ropes!  :-)

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 05:24:15 PM »
GODS
GODS
GODS!!!

Yeah... and "The First Samurai" too....  How could we forget that one?  Lots of great games to challenge for the title...  But I still believe it's rightfully Superfrog's!  (Though yeah, the long flapping part that's nearly impossible to get over was annoying.)

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 06:02:19 PM »
Chaos Engine rules, too! Especially the CD32 version.

Oh, Chaos Engine is excellent, no doubt... But I would call it of the "Top-Down Shooter" genre, not the "Platformer" genre.  ;-)  Therefore, I STILL submit Superfrog.  :lol:

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 08:06:15 PM »

I haven't played as many Amiga games as I have Megadrive(/Genesis) but Superfrog doesn't strike me as being Major League.

It didn't get as much publicity as some, but it was a uniquely "Amiga" game.  (Even though there might have been a PC version?)

On a slightly more bizarre note here, how many people were aware that Duke Nukem made his first debut as a platform game for MSDOS? I was just wondering if it was available somewhere and if it worked with PCTask/Fusion.

I'm sure it is... Check the Underdogs.

I've played it before.  Honestly, I thought it was pure garbage, even compared to other titles back in the late 80's.    It just illustrates how pathetic PC games of that time were, compared to Amiga, Atari and consoles.

Also, what are you opinions on Core Design platformers like Chuck Rock 1 & 2, Wolfchild and Wonderdog.

I liked Wolfchild and Wonderdog.  Never played any Chuck Rock(s) that much.  Not sure why.  (shrug)

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 04:36:06 AM »
I've just written in another thread what a good idea selling old games would be.

Actually, it's kind of a horrible idea.  Who wants to buy their old games back again?  Especially when they are already legally free for personal use from BTTR.  

Plus you're comparing selling current music that has clear copyright ownership with selling obsolete video games who's manufacturers and distributors went out of business 10 years ago....

I hope Amiga Inc. think of this quickly, it could be a money-spinner to get them on their feet and get valuable limelight for the AmigaOne platform.

And how does this make any money for Amiga?  They don't own the rights to make these compilations!  You're overloading my illogical statement processing abilities.