Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best gaming moment!  (Read 4671 times)

Description:

Offline Ilwrath

Re: Best gaming moment!
« on: January 13, 2004, 01:39:01 AM »
Stuntcar Racer: Using a null MODEM cable and racing various clumbsey drivers. Watching somebody navigate the "Rollercoaster" track for the first time is funny!

"Race ya up the first hill!"  (Then drill the brakes at the known last second, and watch them sail over the edge.)  "Ok, you won!"  hehehehe!

A true classic.  :-)

Offline Ilwrath

Re: Best gaming moment!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 06:51:53 PM »
So was Wayne Gretzky Hockey. Loved pulling the goalie when he had posession of the puck - the extra attacker would come onto the ice but the goalie takes the puck with him so game play continues without the puck and all the AI players go mental! :-D

Geez!  All the times I've played WGH, I've never tried that!  (Why would I?  Usually pull the goalie for a deep zone face-off or other posession at the far end of the ice...)  Never thought to try it when he had the puck!  haha!!!  

Not on Amiga, but on the PC version of NHL 2000 or so, my friend and I were playing as teammates and really gooning up a game.  We were already short-handed 5-3, and on the next play we each managed to pick up a 5-min major a game misconducts.  Already shorthanded 5-3, those two penalties forced the remaining player, and our goalie to serve the two majors.   (They were the only players on the ice at the time)   The camera panned around and sure enough, our goalie is sitting in the box, gear and all.  The backup goalie is now in net.  So, wondering what would happen next, we just played normally, so the penalties would expire.  They let our goalie out of the box, and he assumed the left wing.  I almost peed myself it was so funny seeing the goalie (still in full gear, painted mask, and goalie stick) skating into position for a 1-timer.  He golfed at it like he was trying to clear the puck.  Unfortunatly, it flew out of play over the glass, and then the computer set the team back to normal...  But our sides were still hurting from the laughter.