Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS 4.x WB official replacement why not?  (Read 17515 times)

Description:

Offline mbrantley

Re: AmigaOS 4.x WB official replacement why not?
« on: May 31, 2015, 05:58:00 AM »
Yes, I love Workbench and would not like to see it replaced or drastically changed. Some updating is ok with me, especially if new workings can be turned off to be more traditional like I like my Amiga. For example, in the newest AmigaOS versions screens can be dragged in any direction if desired, but I prefer the traditional Amiga way of one direction only so limit it to that in the settings. Also, I don't run AmiDock at all -- preferring a simple Workbench. I use addmenu by Alex C. to add Workbench menus for launching frequently used programs (akin to the old Tools Daemon).

That said, must admit DOpus 5 has some nice features. Rather than replacing Workbench with it, I have a dual display setup with my X1000 and run Workbench on the left monitor and DOpus on the right. Suits me.... best of both worlds, and there's good old Workbench. Not being Windows-like. Hehe.

Offline mbrantley

Re: AmigaOS 4.x WB official replacement why not?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 06:42:49 AM »
Icons and windows do indeed stay put how you arrange them -- if you snapshop them. That's the Amiga way. The way the universe should be. Hehe. Anything else means corruption by the Windows way has settled in.