Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New SCSI II to Micro SD Card Adapter At AmigaKit.com  (Read 15331 times)

Description:

Offline part12studios

• Show all replies
Re: New SCSI II to Micro SD Card Adapter At AmigaKit.com
« on: May 11, 2018, 03:56:15 PM »
I'm super late to this party I'm sure, but if anyone sees this, I own this product, well two of them (one is in the mail).  

I'm not using it with my Amiga 1200, but I am using it with my trusty Peavey SP sampler.  

My question is about the SCSI ID changing.  someone mentioned above about there being some usb utility?  Where can I find this?  

also connecting via USB?  where is this software I can use with it?

Offline part12studios

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 04:41:21 PM »
Hey @Gizmo350 thanks a lot!  mine is not this exact card..   mine is this one http://shop.codesrc.com/image/cache/data/scsi2sd-5.0-back-500x500.jpg  are they universal?

Offline part12studios

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 05:00:29 PM »
that's fantastic thanks so much!  i didn't want to zorch something!  :)

Offline part12studios

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 05:43:42 PM »
ok one last question on my end about the utility..  the first one i bought came with a 4gb sd card.. but the new one has 8gb.. will it format like normal and just not "see" the other 4gb (i don't care if it ignores that space) or will there be some problem trying to format an 8gb drive?  maybe i  use the utility to configure the device?  

my plan is to hook it up and just "initialize" the new 8gb drive for this device.  i'm 99% sure this late 80's sampler will not see anything higher than 4gb.. i know it does see all 4gb from the 4gb sd card i currently have.

Offline part12studios

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 08:53:27 PM »
yea that's perfect.  i don't care about the other 4gb of space.. it's more than enough for this.  So yea sounds like the tool itself will help me configure the sd card for smooth formatting.  waiting for it to arrive in the mail.  going to leave the original one alone and let the new one be my test subject before i risk

ok last question.. maybe.. lol..    is there an easy way to duplicate an sd card?   basically i'm making this 2nd SD HD a backup of the other.. for redundancy..

i would like to duplicate the data, but the format the data is in is some custom format used by Peavey.  it's not Fat32 or what have you..

my basic plan was simply to manually load each (around 250) patches one at a time and save them to the other drive but this will take at least an hour to do.. probably 2..  

so just wondering if there is some way to 1:1 duplicate the card regardless of the format.. because i know there are no tools out there to deal with Peavey's disk format and i don't know what info i'd need to find

i imagine i could put the sd card into my computer and see what it sees.. but i won't know that for a few more days.

Offline part12studios

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 10:09:36 PM »
yea i'm sure there is something like x-copy for the Mac..  good ol' X-Copy