Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why I find other people SOOOO annoying  (Read 1021 times)

Description:

Offline ceciliaTopic starter

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
Why I find other people SOOOO annoying
« on: April 26, 2004, 03:02:36 PM »
ok, i finally figured it out this article explains why people tend to drive me batty!

"When people realised they had made an error, a distinctive electrical signal arose from a brain region called the anterior cingulate cortex."

I'm getting all these damn electrical signals and it's damn irritating!!!
will you guys quit being WRONG!!!!

:roflmao: :lol:  :lol:
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline iamaboringperson

• Show only replies by iamaboringperson
Re: Why I find other people SOOOO annoying
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 03:39:52 AM »
To cecilia:

cecilia wrote:
ok, i finally figured it out this article explains why people tend to drive me batty!

"When people realised they had made an error, a distinctive electrical signal arose from a brain region called the anterior cingulate cortex."

I'm getting all these damn electrical signals and it's damn irritating!!!
will you guys quit being WRONG!!!!

:roflmao: :lol:  :lol:

You are wrong!! You DO NOT know what you are talking about!! I know all! That area activates in my brain all the time when YOU write! :-D

Offline whabang

• Show only replies by whabang
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 01:40:47 PM »
That explains why it can be so frustrating to work with technical support! :-P
Beating the dead horse since 2002.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 07:59:39 PM »

whabang wrote:
That explains why it can be so frustrating to work with technical support! :-P

It's the WORST job in the world bar none. The public are stupid, period!

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 09:53:21 PM »
a distinctive electrical signal arose from a brain region called the anterior cingulate cortex

.... So THAT's what happened to Jiminy Cricket ....

Correlary question: so, when I plan to become the ultimate evil in the universe for real, I can remove my conscience medically? Nice to know... Thanks.

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 01:02:06 AM »
Experiments in which volunteers tried a computer task and then watched each other do the same thing showed the brain reacted in a similar way whether the observer made the mistake, or watched someone else make it.

That explains why it can be so frustrating to work with technical support!

Hahaha!  Yeah, it sure does.  And it really explains my frustrations with people that don't learn.  If it's something complex, I'll give people the benefit of the doubt with one mistake... But making the same one multiple times causes me physical pain, and I usually try to reflect that back to the cause.  This does, indeed, explain why.  hahahahaha!

Offline iamaboringperson

• Show only replies by iamaboringperson
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 02:25:14 AM »
Correlary question: so, when I plan to become the ultimate evil in the universe for real, I can remove my conscience medically? Nice to know... Thanks.
Which makes me think of the question Would it be moral to surgically remove areas of the brain that are attributed to guilt etc.

Would it be moral to modify parts of the brain to provide a sense of happiness 24/7?

(That last question remindes me of experiments done in the 60's in which probes were inserted into peoples brains - attatched to a button, so that they could provide themselves with a pleasurable experience... with disasterous consequences)

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 12:05:41 PM »

iamaboringperson wrote:
Which makes me think of the question Would it be moral to surgically remove areas of the brain that are attributed to guilt etc.

Would it be moral to modify parts of the brain to provide a sense of happiness 24/7?

(That last question remindes me of experiments done in the 60's in which probes were inserted into peoples brains - attatched to a button, so that they could provide themselves with a pleasurable experience... with disasterous consequences)

Depends whose morals you use as a guide. :-)