Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Individual Computer's USB module  (Read 7628 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Individual Computer's USB module
« on: November 01, 2014, 04:07:35 AM »
Quote from: slaapliedje;765578
Last I looked at Poseidon, he'd open sourced it.  At least I'm pretty sure that was the case.

My question is.. how can it possibly get the full 480Mb/s?  The Amiga's buses couldn't handle that, could it?

slaapliedje

I thought that I had read that Jens of Individual Computers had purchased the Poseidon USB stack from the original author, and that it would continue to get updates written for it by someone working for Individual Computers, or perhaps a contractor developer doing work for Jens.  Perhaps Jens has also Open Sourced Poseidon to increase the chances of additional USB devices being supported in the future.  I guess I need to research exactly what Jens and Individual Computers are doing with Poseidon, to get my facts straight.

I have one of my A4000's with a Deneb installed set up so it can boot from a USB memory stick and it works quite well (thanks Tim for taking the time to set that up during one of your visits a long while ago).  If this new USB controller from Jens will work in a CDTV, I may buy one of them.  For now I have Subway's installed in my accelerated A600 & A1200, and the Deneb in my A4000, so I am pretty well covered for USB controllers for some of my Classic Amiga computers, but if I get back to work on expanding and enhancing the performance of my CDTV, being able to use USB with it would be a nice extra too.

Thanks to everyone posting for your feedback or reviews of the new Individual Computers USB controller.:)
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)