Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Os 3.2 development preview  (Read 135004 times)

Description:

Offline ronniebeck

• Show all replies
Re: Os 3.2 development preview
« on: December 05, 2019, 12:28:40 PM »
@Thomas Richter
I am trying to get my head around how RTG is sticky tapped to AOS.  The more I read, including your comments just now, the more the feeling grows that at some point Amiga OS will need a clean approach to RTG.  Or perhaps better said, that RTG needs to be added as a fundamental assumption of graphical Libraries in Amiga OS.  Is my view valid or do you see it differently?  I guess my thinking goes into the direction of: if I want to have RTG, I am reliant on 3rd party libraries (P96 for example) and hacks (albeit well written and mostly reliable) to make traditional software work.  Does it make sense to so something in Amiga OS itself to do away with the need of such hacks?  Or ares such ideas best left to the realms of  OS4/AROS/MorphOS.......

Just curious how you see it technically.

Offline ronniebeck

• Show all replies
Re: Os 3.2 development preview
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 03:57:41 PM »
The "problem" here is that you call this an "FPGA flag" - for sure it is not an "FPGA flag"...............................

Kolla is right.  Labeling it with "FPGA" is misleading and not helpful to anyone. 

Quote from: Thomas Richter link=topic=74270.msg847053#msg847053
I don't know, I don't care. We cannot give every version of the Apollo core another flag because we don't have many flags left..............

Rather a surprising answer to hear:  I don't know and I don't care.
I hope your attitude changes.