Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Since when were Amigas worth this kind of money?  (Read 3390 times)

Description:

Offline Nlandas

• Show all replies
Re: Since when were Amigas worth this kind of money?
« on: January 24, 2010, 11:22:30 PM »
Quote from: Boudicca;539983
Its must be the seller and a mate pushing the price up against each other trying to catch a sucker at the last minute or theres another amiga4000 somewhere so they are pushing the price out of range using dummy accounts.

No ones that stupid ;)

I think you hit the nail on the head. Look at the number of bidders with few bid history. I bet this is a price drive to see if they can net a sucker.
I think, Therefore - Amiga....

Offline Nlandas

• Show all replies
Re: Since when were Amigas worth this kind of money?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 11:26:33 PM »
Quote from: KThunder;539990
i wouldnt pay more than 200 for any classic hw. that means i dont buy alot of stuff. its russian roullette buying old stuff you never know if the next time you switch it on is the last.
old pc hw: who cares; a cassic miggy in mint cond. that sucks.

Yes, I'm done with A4000Ds even though I'd love to own one. I've gone through 2 desktops and one towerized desktop. They work when I get them and a few months later - pow they don't boot. I guess one completely restored with new capacitors everywhere including on the accelerator, no battery leakage and replaced ram slots with metal hold downs would be worth a bundle.

However, one that just looks clean with no mention of the above restoration should not be going for that much. I know people are nuts but that looks to be over the top.

-Nyle
I think, Therefore - Amiga....