Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (RFD) Which would you prefer next?  (Read 5660 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: (RFD) Which would you prefer next?
« on: June 09, 2009, 11:18:22 PM »
Quote from: Bazzaq;510268
A file repository for hard to find drivers/manuals/patches would be nice. Also like the idea of the FAQ/type pages for reference before asking for help in the forum.

Great work so far though Wayne. Thanks,.

I also voted for a file repository, but like many of the other ideas put forward by other members.

I would not expect, or want a duplication of Aminet, but it would be nice to have some of the files relevant to forum discussions available for a quick download, plus many of the newest next generation applications, games and patches for BOTH AmigaOS4.1 and MorphOS2.2 (as well as 68k and AROS, I should have mentioned).

I know it is hard to choose which files should be here and which should be left out, but I think that the more difficult ones to find, plus the most popular ones that are perhaps only available on other sites that have limited bandwidth, should be considered and will be a great service to the community.  Get a moderator to do the choosing, or open a poll to vote on each file after suggestions are solicited from the members here.  After the initial group of files, do another poll each 3 to 6 months to add more recent files and those that members think of in the meantime.

Just an idea that I have not thought through for a long time, so faults in it may be thought of, or improvements to the idea to make it better.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)