Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What will Warp3D v5 NOVA offer Amiga game/demo devs in future?  (Read 1841 times)

Description:

Offline KingTuttTopic starter

• Show all replies
What will Warp3D v5 NOVA offer Amiga game/demo devs in future?
« on: December 18, 2002, 05:15:13 AM »
I tried to access the link to the post made by Hans-Jörg Frieden about Warp3D v5 on LINKAGE[/url]

But unfortunately wasnt able to get in. He claims the following according to this quote:

"I already have a 20+ pages whitepaper on NOVA, the next generation of Warp3D. I don't know when we will finally get around to implement them, but I think that the result won't be far away (in terms of functionality) from OpenGL 2.0 or DirectX 9..."

So given this statement, what are the potentials of such an engine revision. I heard somewhere that this engine will not ship with AOS4, but may be released with later versions of AOS, perhaps 4.2 or 4.5. So what are your thoughts guys? Warp3D 4 shipping with AOS4, will support OpenGL 1.3

PS: It would sure be nice to get my grubby mits onto that 20 page whitepaper on NOVA! So anyone that can get the skinny on this, I would be forever in your debt.   :-D
If I said I was the best you would think I am boasting. But if I said I was not, then you KNOW I am lying! ~Bruce Lee.

Offline KingTuttTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: What will Warp3D v5 NOVA offer Amiga game/demo devs in future?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2002, 12:42:41 AM »
So we may get ATi9700 Pro support after all! I guess with release 4.2 or 4.5 eh?

Either way its good to hear they will keep with the times and are aiming for greater HW support.

I'm just waiting for an update to this page[/url]. Whenever that is.
If I said I was the best you would think I am boasting. But if I said I was not, then you KNOW I am lying! ~Bruce Lee.