Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: well i have update my Workbench to Classic Workbench  (Read 582 times)

Description:

Offline Robert17

• Show only replies by Robert17
Re: well i have update my Workbench to Classic Workbench
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 01:13:03 PM »
Hi mcbone,

Do you mean you can't see a Compact Flash card on your Workbench when you plug it into the PCMCIA Slot with it's adapter?

Classic Workbench doesn't come with CF0 In Devs:DosDrivers/ In my haste I might have forgotten to copy it on Saturday.

If you search Aminet for cfd.lha - The file you need should be in there.

Robert.
Member of the Lincs Amiga Group, UK :-)

Offline danbeaver

Possible meaning, with commentary:

Well World, I have updated my A1200's standard Workbench to Classic Workbench

Thank you Robert17 (there  were 16 others?),

My A1200 is up and running, however my system fails to show the inserted PCMCIA card on my  WorkBench (screen); it does recognize my brother Mel's  2 MB SRAM card, which of course, it normally configured as memory and requires no drivers, although, I believe, it does require a "Prep" prior to use.

In addition to my original problems, I also need help getting MorphOS (available as a free download for evaluation purposes from: http://www.morphos.de/downloads); I have been looking but due to the lack of a Web Browser (best guess) that could be why!

Thank you, again  for your help this past Saturday,

Ian Mcbone

An Apple a day keep Bill Gates away from The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria: The foundation has donated more than $6.6 billion for global health programs, including over US$1.3 billion donated as of 2012 on malaria alone, greatly increasing the dollars spent per year on malaria research. Before the Gates efforts on malaria, malaria drug makers had largely given up on producing drugs to fight the disease, and the foundation is the world's largest donor to research on diseases of the poor.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 11:01:32 PM by danbeaver »

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 09:23:05 PM »
Wait, what?  This guy is trying to install MorphOS on his A1200?  :lol:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline mcboneTopic starter

• Show only replies by mcbone
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 10:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;788878

where did i said i am try to install morphos on 12oo no where  i say try to get it online
maybe i am dyslexia

An Apple a day keep bill gates away

Offline danbeaver

Let's just skip this part
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2015, 11:03:57 PM »
Well, the issue is that we have really no idea of what you are saying; with you being from the planet, "Mel's Brother," our universal translators are unable to actually determine what is being stated or asked.

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2015, 11:08:39 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;788878
**Version 1.45 of MorphOS did run on an Amiga

No, it appears from his latest post he may be trying to get Morpos (possible in the Porpoise genus) on his A12oo not an A1200, although GOK (God Only Knows) what that is.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 11:16:56 PM by danbeaver »

Offline danbeaver

Update
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2015, 11:15:16 PM »
Update:

Found this, [http://www.nameslike.com/lastname/meaning/morpos]
Lastname Morpos etymology & traits for life path nr 6

Ruling Planet: Venus
 Colors: Blue
 Gemstones: Emerald
 Qualities: Romantic, Nurturing
 Character and personality traits to this life path number:
 Harmony, compassion, service, nurturing, self-righteous, chronic worrier.

P.S., could this be of any help?

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2015, 11:22:36 PM »
Quote from: mcbone;788880
where did i said i am try to install morphos on 12oo no where  i say try to get it online

In a slightly politer sense, we're having a really hard time understanding what it is you're asking for.  I'm assuming English is not your first language?  But in any case, a quick google search for "download morphos" directs to this page:

http://www.morphos.de/downloads

It looks like you can get the main installer from there as well as some installation instructions.  Obviously you will need to have a compatible system (a list of which is included on that page).  Hope that helps, good luck!  :)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline danbeaver

Ian
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2015, 12:35:38 AM »
Just a wild guess, but Ian Mcbone from Gedling, Nottingham sounds a wee bit of having a Scottish background to the name.

Re: Ian
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2015, 08:21:22 AM »
Quote from: danbeaver;788888
Just a wild guess, but Ian Mcbone from Gedling, Nottingham sounds a wee bit of having a Scottish background to the name.

if you look at bottom   all my post it say maybe i am dyslexia
 i was born in nottingham and if you look on a map it no where near scotland
 i am just bad speller and for get to put in full stop
maybe i am dyslexia

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2015, 09:53:25 AM »
Quote from: mcbone;788900

I wrote a post explaining the basics of getting online with your A1200.
Tho some parts of what you write are near impossible to understand.

I can't figure out what "morpos" means and since your spelling and sentence structure is as is I guessed morpos ment MorphOS. If you are not talking about MorphOS please then explain what you ment.

Did you understand what I wrote about getting the A1200 online some posts back? Else I can try to explain it again.

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2015, 10:59:48 AM »
Quote from: som99;788905
I wrote a post explaining the basics of getting online with your A1200.
Tho some parts of what you write are near impossible to understand.

I can't figure out what "morpos" means and since your spelling and sentence structure is as is I guessed morpos ment MorphOS. If you are not talking about MorphOS please then explain what you ment.

Did you understand what I wrote about getting the A1200 online some posts back? Else I can try to explain it again.

yes i  did notice you had rewritten some of my post thank you for doing that for me ..  yes i did mean  MorphOS and try to get it on line  it find some of bit need to go online .... But i do not have a web browser install ......

next    to amiga 1200 it as web browser but not get  EASYNET PCMCIA NETWORK CARD  1200 so next hid card i be getting it soon
maybe i am dyslexia

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2015, 12:00:27 PM »
Quote from: mcbone;788900

You are just south of Scotland, and dyslexia is an issue with reading, not with punctuation, spelling and grammar.  If you have a learning disability, simply state this.  We are here to help, but you need to clearly communicate your problems, and if you are already online, use one of the many spell checkers available.  If you need to download MorphOS, version 1.45 is for the Amiga, but the non-Amiga version is up to 3.7.  I do find it odd that you state you need a browser in an online forum, are you faxing your responses? Or have no way to transfer them from the device you are using to the A1200.  How are your ferrets by the way?

Offline Leffmann

• Show only replies by Leffmann
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2015, 01:25:47 PM »
Why don't you just leave the thread, danbeaver. What did mcbone ever do to you? You're obviously miserable and unhappy, and only capable of trolling and bullying people in a rude and childish way.

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2015, 01:53:24 PM »
Quote from: mcbone;788906
yes i  did notice you had rewritten some of my post thank you for doing that for me ..  yes i did mean  MorphOS and try to get it on line  it find some of bit need to go online .... But i do not have a web browser install ......

next    to amiga 1200 it as web browser but not get  EASYNET PCMCIA NETWORK CARD  1200 so next hid card i be getting it soon

On your MorphOS machine enter Applications (on your system partition) then there is a OWB drawer, inside there is the OWB web browser.

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #29 from previous page: May 06, 2015, 01:54:13 PM »
I'm sorry and I apologise for attempting to help clarify the posts; noticing all the hard work "Leffmann" has put into this thread just shames me into silence.