Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Well, it's almost as fast as fullscreen AB3D2 on my machine ;)  (Read 4348 times)

Description:

Offline delshay

• Show all replies
Re: Well, it's almost as fast as fullscreen AB3D2 on my machine ;)
« on: September 02, 2012, 11:46:50 AM »
I think a modified Blizzard/Bvision will out class a Cyberstorm/cybervision in GFX ONLY according to the benchmark I have seen posted on other website. Cyberstorm has CPU power over Blizzard, but according to benchmark figures Blizzard has a faster PCI bus.

This is reflected here that I never needed to use a screemode below 800x600 & a small number of PPC games showed no difference with 1024x768 but you need a very high PCI bus speed to play at those screenmode.

Cyberstorm 400Mhz will not hold this crown for long on classic amiga, I just need to finish the last Bvision project ( Master Bvision ).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 12:18:56 PM by delshay »
-------------
power is nothing without control

Offline delshay

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 03:16:07 PM »
GLQUAKEWOS is super smooth here 800x600,it will interesting to see how it performs against 640x480. I don't expect the gap to be large between my set-up, which is set-up for high-speed bus with no overclocking which is banned for this year.

Focus here is switch to Bvision performance,its getting quicker that's the good news,and I learn some new things about the Bvision,which I have now added to both my cards,but one card has a few more changes than the other but none of this is visible when looking at the card.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 03:20:27 PM by delshay »
-------------

Offline delshay

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 03:40:03 PM »
If Bvision or Blizzard get damage during testing not a problem here I just repair it. But like to point out its very very difficult to damage my card as I have fixed everything that I know that can go wrong. So I can throw insane frequency at any card and it will work or just not work.

Both my cards Blizzard/Bvision has massive advantage over any other classic card,this is why some
Bvision driver software settings  which does not work on all users set-up works here, because some problems here have being fixed.

This some if you already know with permedia 2 clocked @125Mhz+.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:49:03 PM by delshay »
-------------

Offline delshay

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 05:12:47 PM »
The biggest performance comes from the PCI bus. As soon as the PCI bus hits 38.5Mhz+ you will find all ppc games speeds-up its very very clear. Heretic II (800x600) for one corvus looks like he's jogging than walking & wipeout you can't tell the difference between 800x600 & 1024x768 speed wise. The most impressive thing here is when you destroy a ship with a laser in wipeout there not even a hint of any slowdown which I had before the update.

Part of the set-up lies in what this card is doing but its not available on any other card as it needs specific EDO memory.

http://www.amiga.org/gallery/index.php?n=3692
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 05:27:35 PM by delshay »
-------------

Offline delshay

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 01:07:35 AM »
Quote from: matthey;706255

Is the Permedia 3 pin compatible and register compatible to the Permedia 2? How much gfx memory does it allow? There was someone who upgraded a Cybervision 64/3D Virge to a Virge DX. Supposedly the DX was used on some later Cybervision 64/3Ds anyway. Upgrading the amount of gfx memory would be the best hack but also the most difficult.

Permedia 3 has higher BGA count,but would like to take a look at PDF if anyone has this.

Permedia 2 maximum memory 8Mb.

Maybe access to the Blizzard flashrom or another update may help. ( Maintainer )
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:49:11 AM by delshay »
-------------

Offline delshay

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 11:08:58 AM »
Quote from: matthey;706255
Does overclocking help 3D performance that much? I overclocked a Voodoo 3 by quite a bit and it helped 2D performance but I couldn't see any change in 3D performance. It probably helped some but very little.

I sometimes get myself confused and type gibberish in forums,but this link may give you some answers. I bet someone here is going to disagree with some of the posting in link below.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/t132793.html
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 01:23:13 PM by delshay »
-------------

Offline delshay

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 08:33:09 PM »
Diamond fire 1000 has two advantage over the Bvision one is the AGP the other is it has 125@Mhz Ultra Low Latency SGRAM.

Bvision is fitted with 100Mhz Fujitsu or Micron Sgram as standard. I do believe there is one other type of sgram fitted to card.

Permedia 2 works better with faster sgram. The difference between 100Mhz and 125Mhz sgram is big,and the difference between 125Mhz and 143Mhz sgram is smaller when using permedia 2.

How well the Permedia 2 overclocks depends on the sgram fitted and other factors which I will not discuss.

It will be interesting to see what the timing parameters are and is it taking advantage of Low Latency SGRAM.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 09:43:52 PM by delshay »
-------------

Offline delshay

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 07:14:36 AM »
I do believe diamond fire GL 1000 pro has 125Mhz low latency sgram,please correct me if im wrong
-------------