Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Problems With My A4000T Mediator Please Help!  (Read 1022 times)

Description:

Offline amiga1084Topic starter

• Show only replies by amiga1084
Problems With My A4000T Mediator Please Help!
« on: April 29, 2012, 09:13:15 AM »
Hello All,

I am having all sorts of problems with my genuine A4000T with Elbox Mediator when I have installed Warp Engine accelerator in my machine. It works fine with Cyberstorm MK3 060 accelerator installed. A friend told me it's a common problem with the way the Warp Engine address the Zorro 3 space and it conflicts with the Mediator and I can't do anything about it.
Is this true? As I am going nuts playing around with with the three Mediator jumpers with no results. Is anyone using a Warp Engine accelerator with a Mediator card? I would love to hear your suggestion on the this subject!

Thanks in advance,
Merv Stent

Offline danbeaver

Re: Problems With My A4000T Mediator Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 01:33:22 AM »
This is not my area of expertise, but can I ask some questions? (1) Did the Warp Engine work without the Mediator? (2) I thought the Warp Engine was a 68040 based card, so why not use the 68060 card? (3) Does it boot at all? (4) If it boots, can you "see" the PCI cards using PCIinfo command?

If it booted before the mediator, try starting with the Mediator "Bridge Board" only with no Meditor software installed; if it doesn't boot then there is a hardware conflict, perhaps with the Zorro 3 Autoconfig memory space, and if changing jumpers for the W_E MMU does not help (Mediator has a ENV: setting for the MMU), then use the  CS MK3 060.