Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PeeCee Gamers ha! What a funny bunch eh. lol!  (Read 4604 times)

Description:

Offline Spidey

• Show all replies
Re: PeeCee Gamers ha! What a funny bunch eh. lol!
« on: March 27, 2003, 07:45:13 AM »
Hi KingTutt,

Gfx, sound, joystick+mouse, screens and multitasking.

I used to show these functions to pc followers back then.

I remember showing to a friend big animation demos. Starting the first one, going back to the workbench with lamiga+m, starting the next 2 or so.
After this I pulled the workbench screen down and  of the animations running I pulled their screens halfway down so that my friend could see al animations still running!
Everybody knows what a pain it was to use pc-joysticks. So I showed those friends Sensible Soccer, Lotus and other games.

Yes, those were very nice times, but if I look at the present. I bought a Peg and showed it to again a pc friend and he was immediately impressed by the speed (and especially when I told him it was only 600 MHz). Ofcourse hopefully this will be also true for OS4 when it finishes.

The pc's are dominating the pc market. There's only one other major computer for general public, the Mac.
But because of the supremacy of the pc, Mac has to adjust to pc world.
People of now don't know anything about efficiency anymore. They only see the pc world (and Mac, ofcourse more efficient than a pc).

I really think that OS4 and MorphOS will be an eyeopener in the world of today if the companies behind these 2 OS's will make them compatible with the standard of what we are used now (like everything related to internet - plug-ins, etc, main office standards, etc).

Spidey

Offline Spidey

• Show all replies
Re: PeeCee Gamers ha! What a funny bunch eh. lol!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 08:09:26 AM »
Hello Desmon,

What's more, formatting a floppy under Win2kPro these days still kills everything else.

True!

This whole multitasking of the pc's wouldn't be possible with 386 40 MHz. Pc's need cpu speed to let the user believe it has multitasking capabillities.
(my opinion)
Hence my remark about efficiency :-)

Spidey