Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PeeCee Gamers ha! What a funny bunch eh. lol!  (Read 4620 times)

Description:

Offline Atheist

• Show all replies
Re: PeeCee Gamers ha! What a funny bunch eh. lol!
« on: March 27, 2003, 04:02:30 AM »
Hello poweramiga2002,

If only, imagine that story with a 68060 @ 1 GHz, or 1.8 GHz!!!!

What could have been?

After using a winbux for 8 months (w98se, never used windows before then (regularly/owned), but bad mouthed it at every opportunity. Now I know I was right to do so.) It only occurred to me about 2 months ago, that the BOGUS registry is just COPY PROTECTION, which is what grinds it to a halt and hinders it's use. Not to mention the myriad of "incompatable standards" (there's an oxymoron for you.)

Thanks for relaying that experience.

AmigaOne! poweramiga2002 Rulleezzz!
\\"Which would you buy? The Crappy A1200, 15 years out of date... or the Mobile Phone that I have?\\" -- bloodline
So I guess that A500, 600, 1000, 2000, CDTV, CD32, are pure garbage then? Thanks for posting here.

Offline Atheist

• Show all replies
Re: PeeCee Gamers ha! What a funny bunch eh. lol!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 12:28:09 PM »
Unfortunately I'll be repeating myself, but here goes;

Siggy, you beat me to it, FLEXIBLE, that's the key. AOS is so damn flexible. I could be wrong, but I heard game guys could easily not use ANY of the OS if it suited their needs. The machine wouldn't cry bloody murder! It makes me say, never mind "amiga anywhere", I say "ANYTHING to ANYONE"!

But wait, that's only a part of it, with everything else that was said by others here.

In fact, everyone saw something different. For me, and few people seem to have lived my vision, I freaked after desperately saving and finally buying an 8 meg ram board for my A2000, I loaded the ENTIRE OS into ram: or usually a rad: ALMOST every  session. I remember playing "Black Crypt" (five disks) in ram. I still remember playing one of the Ultimas on a SNES, with LOAD TIME DELAY!

Atari and Mac aren't flexible enough, and windows, FORGET IT!!!!

Notepad on w98se is 43,000 bytes, and it's USELESS!!! IT HAS NO FEATURES!!!! It's limit is 64K files!! then you have to use wordpad, which I didn't install.

Multiple screens, at different resolutions; once you SEE that, YOU'RE ADDICTED!

I HAD a program called x-ray??, that could cycle through the screens below it, over the section you were on, or pan and scroll around it, HOW COOL IS THAT??? 1990!!!!! and you SAW the program underneath RUNNING!

AmigaOne! "Anything to anyone".

P.S. Isn't that why you bought a computer?
\\"Which would you buy? The Crappy A1200, 15 years out of date... or the Mobile Phone that I have?\\" -- bloodline
So I guess that A500, 600, 1000, 2000, CDTV, CD32, are pure garbage then? Thanks for posting here.