Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.  (Read 24913 times)

Description:

Offline WolfToTheMoon

• Show only replies by WolfToTheMoon
Re: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.
« Reply #179 from previous page: April 06, 2011, 02:53:28 PM »
Quote from: mongo;629039
I didn't ask you for your price, I asked you for your cost. I know what your price is, I mentioned it in my post. Would you like me to tell people what your cost is too? Or are you honest enough to tell them yourself?

How many business' reveal their cost? Not many... it's called a trade secret, I believe. If something is too expensive for you, here's a suggestion, don't buy it, simple as that...
I'm sure you could buy a similar cheaper computer from China. But then you wont be paying numerous licenses, testing, customer support... It's comparing apples to oranges.

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2011, 03:03:49 PM »
Quote from: WolfToTheMoon;629046
How many business' reveal their cost? Not many... it's called a trade secret, I believe. If something is too expensive for you, here's a suggestion, don't buy it, simple as that...
I'm sure you could buy a similar cheaper computer from China. But then you wont be paying numerous licenses, testing, customer support... It's comparing apples to oranges.

No... comparing apples and oranges is comparing two real and genuine things... :)

Not like comparing one cheap Chinese import against another cheap Chinese import that your going to charge mugs ridiculous prices for and claim it's superior cos you've stuck Commodore badge on it... :D

Customer Support... :roflmao:

I'd love to hear that...

Customer... it's about this expensive C64x I just bought, where's the OS !!!

CUSA Customer Services (AKA Leo, all round handyman)... we're in charge get used to and like your product or else...next...

You lot make me laugh... :roflmao:

Offline IggyTopic starter

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #181 on: April 06, 2011, 03:03:58 PM »
$395 actually seems fairly reasonable.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline mongo

• Show only replies by mongo
« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2011, 03:05:53 PM »
Quote from: dammy;629038
I'd say its up to you to prove it then.  Buy the product, buy what you think is it's original system at whatever price you find it at and then open the two cases up and show us the proof, part's model number for part's model number.  Till then, you are just doing a hit and run job on Barry.

Is this proof enough for you?

Offline mongo

« Reply #183 on: April 06, 2011, 03:07:23 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;629050
$395 actually seems fairly reasonable.

For a $185 computer?

Offline Franko

« Reply #184 on: April 06, 2011, 03:08:55 PM »
Quote from: mongo;629051

Neat... :)

Offline mongo

« Reply #185 on: April 06, 2011, 03:10:43 PM »
Quote from: WolfToTheMoon;629046

What licenses? What testing? What customer support? I don't see any mention of customer support on CUSA's website.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #186 on: April 06, 2011, 03:15:19 PM »

Oh!  Nice prices and they're not even empty cases!

Considering that actual VIC "fat" model has been on sale since 2003 (according to some ads I've found), the cost per case must be really low by now.  It makes you wonder if someone picked up a few thousand of them in a liquidation sale.

One of the advantages of having worked on the mainland in China is that you get your eyes opened to what items we take for granted really cost to maufacture.

For instance, you can buy almost exact replica Rolex watches at RETAIL in China complete with box and (forged) certificate of authenticity from $15 up (probably less is you haggle).  I got one for a laugh and many years later the damn thing still works!

I also picked up a knock-off set of "Big Bertha II" Calloway golf clubs complete with travel bag for a whopping $180, again at RETAIL.

Imagine what the warehouse prices are or even the actual manufacturing costs!

That said, I'm a businessman too and in all fairness you have to mark products up to make money.  Especially when you claim to have spent $30,000,000 on "advertising".

That means that if you sell 1000 units then you'll need to add an extra $30,000 on average to each product's price to cover that.  Taking that into consideration, I guess these Commodore prices are very fair.  :)
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2011, 03:18:09 PM »
Quote from: mongo;629056
What licenses? What testing? What customer support? I don't see any mention of customer support on CUSA's website.

Every computer sold has Barry's phone number attached to a sticky lable pasted on the bottom.

Unfortunately if you call it then Barry justs insults you, tells you that he knows where you live from your product registration form and threatens to "kick your ass" if you don't bugger off.  Well actually, he invites you to return your product to him in Florida in person because he's not going to actually travel to see you (or even kick your ass as his poor limp wrists might snap).  :D
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #188 on: April 06, 2011, 03:46:50 PM »

What part of this post didn't you read? http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=629038&postcount=176  I already said the Vic Slim was possible a white label box, what more do you want?

Now on the Vic Pro, that is in a customized AIO system, internally and externally.  Your proof for Vic Pro being a white label system is?  Even the photos of the Vic Pro and what it was based on look different.  But you already knew that, right?
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #189 on: April 06, 2011, 03:51:14 PM »
Quote from: mongo;629056

I know the C64x will have live tech support (think it's 24/7 support but it might be only during normal business hours here in the US).  Not sure on the Vic series will have live tech support or not.  There is a lot of information that has not been posted yet to the web site.  I expect it to be posted as time rolls on.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline mongo

« Reply #190 on: April 06, 2011, 04:05:41 PM »
Quote from: dammy;629078
What part of this post didn't you read? http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=629038&postcount=176  I already said the Vic Slim was possible a white label box, what more do you want?

Now on the Vic Pro, that is in a customized AIO system, internally and externally.  Your proof for Vic Pro being a white label system is?  Even the photos of the Vic Pro and what it was based on look different.  But you already knew that, right?

The VIC Pro is a Cybernet ZPC-GX31. What do you think is customized about it?

Offline Franko

« Reply #191 on: April 06, 2011, 04:07:03 PM »
Quote from: dammy;629079
I know the C64x will have live tech support (think it's 24/7 support but it might be only during normal business hours here in the US).  Not sure on the Vic series will have live tech support or not.  There is a lot of information that has not been posted yet to the web site.  I expect it to be posted as time rolls on.

:roflmao:

You crack me up Dammy... :laughing:

Yes folk we at CUSA offer full 24/7 support (only during business hours and subject to Barry's whim)... :roflmao:

You should have been a stand up comedian Dammy... Oh forgot... you are... :lol:

Offline tone007

« Reply #192 on: April 06, 2011, 04:17:38 PM »
I wonder if the VicPro's user manual will be a rebranded Cybernet manual, complete with Cybernet's 800 number for tech support!
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline mongo

« Reply #193 on: April 06, 2011, 04:38:07 PM »
Quote from: tone007;629089
I wonder if the VicPro's user manual will be a rebranded Cybernet manual, complete with Cybernet's 800 number for tech support!

http://www.commodoreusa.net/j/PhoenixOwnersGuide.pdf

They edited the Cybernet manual a little. It has CUSA's phone # and refers you to a part of the website that doesn't exist.

They also changed the copyright in the manual to ©Copyright 2010 Commodore USA, LLC. I'm not sure how that works. Can I take something that is copyrighted by someone else, change a few words and copyright it myself? Is that legal? Because if it is, I've got some editing to do.

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show only replies by Amiga_Nut
« Reply #194 on: April 06, 2011, 04:51:53 PM »
Quote from: dammy;629027
Come on, that is not reasonable to ask him what  his profit margin is.  I don't see anyone challenging A-EON or ACube on what they are purchasing their hardware and software/support for.

Fair point, but the X1000 is a terrible grossly inefficient and overly expensive design when they could have whispered "xbox360 motherboard" into IBM's ear and saved $1000 on the price. Most of that is because they have made terrible design decisions in their self-made bespoke technology. C= USA are either just slapping stickers on existing AIO PCs from China or at best putting stock x86 motherboards inside their bespoke cases. Quite a difference really considering the design of the case was already done for them in 1980 by the designer of the original VIC-20 casing mind :)

Ho hum.