Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A word about the content here at Amiga.org  (Read 144974 times)

Description:

Offline JetRacer

• Show all replies
Re: A word about the content here at Amiga.org
« on: June 30, 2002, 10:15:23 AM »
Actually, I've always wondered how on earth most of the news get here. Unless it was posted on ANN or SlashDot (rarely) aswell, I have NEVER seen any of the news somewhere else too. Guess that says something (apart from look harder).

Besides, anything beyond Amithlon, Amiga Inc, and the evil alternative (just kidding, couldn't remember their names) almost everything is "off-topic" for AO. Posting Aminet releases as news IS a bit lame (sometimes, not always). So what's left? At the moment the news air is dry as a desert.

Poor excuses for being lazy I know, but it really isn't that easy to find any newsworthy stuff. Share the waterholes with us Wayne and maybe you'll get some help. Where do YOU look for news?

http://www.amiga.com

;-) Yeah, I know I'm funny! ;-)
*Zap! Zap!* Ha! Take that! *Kabooom!* Hey, that\'s not fair!

Offline JetRacer

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2002, 11:00:08 AM »
Oh, I forgot...

Who slammed AO?!

Give us NAMES, give us NAMES!!!

_Me standing in a red/white checkered sheet holding a torch_

Just kidding. But sometimes you overreact Wayne. Some time ago I saw you threaten to quit over a guy who registered just to post a four sentence ignorant rambling and in it was the word webmaster. Grab a valium dude.

If people don't post news here, don't go and get all the news by yourself. Nobody demands that. And nobody demands 0 dayz news either. Pick a day, any day, and only go out and get news then. It won't be a complete cut-off, and people will start missing news in between. The "what if's" will sneak up on them and they go looking for the first "Amiga One Released" to appear and perhaps they will find some newsworthy stuff to post on AO in the process.

If you don't have the time, then step down a bit. Check the site every other day instead. Or even once a week. You got staff, right? Start trusting them to run stuff from time to time. Once you even went for a holiday. And the site was up the whole time, yes?

Personally I think it's a god damn shame that you can't get paid full time for running this site. But stuff like that has been the faith of Amigans in general I guess. Hopefully it will be possible to actually earn a faint reflection of some real money on the A1. But then, maybe not.

Offline JetRacer

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2002, 11:14:43 AM »
...also, (am I getting boring yet?)

ANYONE WHO COMPLAINS ABOUT LACK OF NEWS HERE DESERVE TO BE *censor*!!!

And I stand for that no matter who it originated from! There is no excuse for a site-hog to complain about the lack of news if he doesn't post any himself!

Said the guy who only posted news once in a lifetime...

[ Edited by JetRacer on 2002/6/30 10:21:08 ]

Offline JetRacer

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2002, 10:16:58 AM »
No slam taken. It was just that I thougt the post was just as worthy of your attention as stuff written in a public toilet.

Heck, I don't mind a little steam from you every now and then. Anything that keeps AO going...

I'm sorry if I offended you with my ignorance Wayne. And I completely agree with the rest of the stuff you wrote.

Offline JetRacer

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2002, 10:32:26 AM »
That avatar looks like a psycologist. And I hate shrinks. Nothing personal Rob. Forget I even posted this...

Ok, it really gets on my nerves. Everytime.

Now, I know. Put sunglasses on him. And a gold chain around his neck. And a ring in his ear. Hehehe, ..hmrph-he.. hihi!

:-D

Suddenly it's not that irritating anymore.

Off-topic? Never heard of it.