Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A word about the content here at Amiga.org  (Read 138016 times)

Description:

Offline KrasH

• Show only replies by KrasH
Re: A word about the content here at Amiga.org
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2002, 05:50:51 PM »

Rodney wrote:

And this is the reason i stay here. Sure i would have liked to see it, but Waynes Moderation makes it a great place for all of us.

It's a pity that email isn't the same.. no less than 10-20 spam emails a day is what I get. If only that crap could be more moderated. And no, not using a filter one ones email client :-(

Yes, amiga.org is a great place to visit, even though I haven't turned my A4000/PPC in a few months, I still visit amiga sites for that one elusive post "The AmigaOne has arrived!"
Amiga 4000 CSPPC [retired]
Intel i7 3930K @ 4.3Ghz / Corsair H100 / Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 16 GB / 2 x 240GB Corsair Force GT SSD / 2 x EVGA 2GB 680GTX SC Sig / 3 x Benq XL2420T / 1 x Samsung 2443 BW+
27" iMac / i7 @ 3.4 / 680mx / 3TB Fusion / 32GB RAM

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2002, 10:40:58 PM »
Wayne, im only partly familiar with TiVo and i dont even think we get it in Oz... But is that a real advertisment?
No it isn't a real advertisement, but it is indeed how I feel.  As a matter of fact, it's the only product I have ever felt strongly enough about to put a window sticker on my car for.

www.tivo.com

Offline redfox

• Show only replies by redfox
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2002, 11:50:04 PM »
@Wayne
IMHO you are doing a great job with this site.

@Contributors
Thanks for posting news, articles, pictures, screenshots, etc.

I especially liked the AmigaOS screenshot showing AmigaOS 1.3    :-D

Thanks especially to Kent and SimoAmi for the great pictures.

As for the forums, it is great to have open discussion about a wide range of topics.  I must admit though that I was wondering if the "longest thread" (ie Al Queda ...) would ever end.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2002, 11:58:36 PM »
No it isn't a real advertisement, but it is indeed how I feel. As a matter of fact, it's the only product I have ever felt strongly enough about to put a window sticker on my car for.

Tivo seems pretty cool. I'm hoping the Radeon All-In-Wonder for the amiga has the same support the PC version does. The PC version has software for alot of the same features as Tivo.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline Bobsonsirjonny

• Show only replies by Bobsonsirjonny
    • http://amigadevbox.happybiscuit.com/
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2002, 12:20:34 AM »
I have an all in wonder radion sitting here in my PC, they are dam nice - till you loose the breakout box.... when you do its crap.... you cant get video in without it, and they cost a fortune to replce!   :-?  :-P
The REAL BOBSON - accept no immitations!

8 Bloody Tickets!
http://amigadevbox.happybiscuit.com/

http://www.killingwithkindness.com/

Some of my drawings

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2002, 11:43:05 PM »
[Moved to new Topic]

Your wish is my command Wayne.

You Have 0 more wishes  :-D

[ Edited by NamelessOne on 2002/6/26 16:03:05 ]

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2002, 11:44:49 PM »
boy have we gotten way off topic!  Someone please start a new appropriate topic to continue this conversation?

Thanks,

Wayne

Offline Phoenix

• Show only replies by Phoenix
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2002, 07:04:09 AM »
< PITCHIN :-) >
I AM NEW TO AMIGA.ORG AS YOU CAN PROBABLY TELL!!) BUT I HAVE ALREADY BEEN GREETED WITH SOME GREAT REPLIES TO MY THREADS.

THE COMMUNITY STILL WORKS!!
 THANKS

:-)
Rising from the ashes
Base the hardware on the future and use the convictions of the past..

Offline artman

• Show only replies by artman
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2002, 07:58:08 AM »
I think you're doing a great job at this Wayne,  I'm finding myself coming here more regularly just to check the forums and learn something new. :-D

Offline bhoggett

• Show only replies by bhoggett
    • http://www.midnightmu.com
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2002, 08:10:43 AM »
@Phoenix

Please stop shouting m8. My ears hurt...
Bill Hoggett

Offline xaccrocheur

• Show only replies by xaccrocheur
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2002, 05:11:20 PM »
Hey Wayne, what's TIVO, "the coolest thing since the Amiga" ? A new OS ?-)

pX :-?

Offline SilvrDrgn

• Show only replies by SilvrDrgn
    • http://mikerye.homeip.net
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2002, 07:17:27 PM »
@ xaccrocheur,
Hey Wayne, what's TIVO, "the coolest thing since the Amiga" ? A new OS ?-)

No.  TiVo is both a device and a service used for recording television shows from a digital source (like digital cable or DirecTV) onto a hard drive within the box.  Most recording devices made today have two tuners so you can record one program and watch another, or record two programs at the same time and watch a third program that has already been recorded.  Plus, you can "pause" live TV for up to 30 minutes if you need to go do something.  Come back, start it again where you paused it and continue watching like normal.  Skipping commercials with fast forward allows you to "catch up" to real time broadcast again.  It's capable of much more, too.  You can find out more information at - TiVo Home Page
Michael

Offline Phoenix

• Show only replies by Phoenix
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2002, 08:02:07 PM »
How about building pc/amiga clone into a tivo.

The software is readily availble for pc to make timed recordings and much more, I have found its works out cheaper if you already have a pc.

One box solution
( sorry for using the 'pc' to often)
Rising from the ashes
Base the hardware on the future and use the convictions of the past..

Offline Dagon

• Show only replies by Dagon
    • http://www.amigasympan.gr/depa
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2002, 09:09:24 AM »
I send this evening a news item but I don`t see it posted in the news section, what happened. It was about a demoparty held in Poland. (also with Amigas of cource)
\\"So we must exercise ourselves in the things which bring happiness, since, if that be present, we have everything, and, if that be absent, all our actions are directed towards attaining it\\" - Epicurus

Offline JetRacer

• Show only replies by JetRacer
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2002, 10:15:23 AM »
Actually, I've always wondered how on earth most of the news get here. Unless it was posted on ANN or SlashDot (rarely) aswell, I have NEVER seen any of the news somewhere else too. Guess that says something (apart from look harder).

Besides, anything beyond Amithlon, Amiga Inc, and the evil alternative (just kidding, couldn't remember their names) almost everything is "off-topic" for AO. Posting Aminet releases as news IS a bit lame (sometimes, not always). So what's left? At the moment the news air is dry as a desert.

Poor excuses for being lazy I know, but it really isn't that easy to find any newsworthy stuff. Share the waterholes with us Wayne and maybe you'll get some help. Where do YOU look for news?

http://www.amiga.com

;-) Yeah, I know I'm funny! ;-)
*Zap! Zap!* Ha! Take that! *Kabooom!* Hey, that\'s not fair!

Offline JetRacer

• Show only replies by JetRacer
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 30, 2002, 11:00:08 AM »
Oh, I forgot...

Who slammed AO?!

Give us NAMES, give us NAMES!!!

_Me standing in a red/white checkered sheet holding a torch_

Just kidding. But sometimes you overreact Wayne. Some time ago I saw you threaten to quit over a guy who registered just to post a four sentence ignorant rambling and in it was the word webmaster. Grab a valium dude.

If people don't post news here, don't go and get all the news by yourself. Nobody demands that. And nobody demands 0 dayz news either. Pick a day, any day, and only go out and get news then. It won't be a complete cut-off, and people will start missing news in between. The "what if's" will sneak up on them and they go looking for the first "Amiga One Released" to appear and perhaps they will find some newsworthy stuff to post on AO in the process.

If you don't have the time, then step down a bit. Check the site every other day instead. Or even once a week. You got staff, right? Start trusting them to run stuff from time to time. Once you even went for a holiday. And the site was up the whole time, yes?

Personally I think it's a god damn shame that you can't get paid full time for running this site. But stuff like that has been the faith of Amigans in general I guess. Hopefully it will be possible to actually earn a faint reflection of some real money on the A1. But then, maybe not.
*Zap! Zap!* Ha! Take that! *Kabooom!* Hey, that\'s not fair!