Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga32 Reports, Photos, and Videos  (Read 3359 times)

Description:

Offline eliyahuTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
Amiga32 Reports, Photos, and Videos
« on: October 29, 2017, 02:13:08 PM »
@thread

for those of us who were unable to attend the amiga32 show in neuss, here are a collection of show reports, photos, and videos from attendees posted elsewhere thus far. please post in this thread if you have any additions to the list, and i'll update this post with the information. thanks!

reports
show report from amigaone x5000 blog (link)
show report from amitopia.com (link)
news summary in german from tommysammy on a1k.org (link)
amiga32 news updates at amigafuture (summary, hyperion, ibrowse)

photos
photos from A-EON on facebook (link)
photos from amigasuisse.ch (link)
photos from christian zigotzky (link)
photos from flathamster on a1k.org (link)
photos from giny on a1k.org (part 1, part 2, part 3)
photos from sebastian bergmann (link)
photos from camouflage on a1k.org (link)
photos on 4every.de (link)
photos from amiga future magazine on facebook (link)

videos
"dave, ron, and jeff at amiga32" from cloanto on youtube (link)
"overview of show" from benoit wible on youtube (link)
"vampire gold at amiga32" from mike nurney on youtube (link)
"amiga32 event" from mike nurney on youtube (link)
"amiga32 in neuss" from vor ort (german language) on youtube (link)

a hat-tip to number6 at amigaworld.net for many of these links. keep 'em coming, folks! :)

-- eliyahu
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 02:52:39 PM by eliyahu »
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: Amiga32 Reports, Photos, and Videos
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 02:21:06 PM »
@thread

for those of you who don't speak german, here is my rough translation of tommysammy's summary of news from the show linked above from a1k.org:

• Wings Remastered for Amiga has been released, and I got my copy. You get two CDs, one was empty and one with the 95% finished game
  • Tower57 could be viewed; it looks very good
  • Spencer [a new game from Entwickler-x for AmigaOS 4.1] could be viewed
  • A new version of Final Burn Alpha [a console/arcade emulation package for AmigaOS 4.1 from HunoPPC] could be viewed
  • A Tabor [board from A-EON] running AmigaOS 4.1 could be viewed.
  • A X5000 [system from A-EON] running AmigaOS4.1 could be admired
  • The ALICE notebook is ready and was available for purchase. I liked it very much.
  • Enhancer 2.0 with the latest drivers was on display. All GPU VRAM is now fully recognized and [A-EON] are working on a driver for the Polaris-based RadeonHD graphics cards
  • IBrowse 2.5 could be tested, looks very promising.
  • Workbench 3.1 Update 1 was shown by Hyperion
  • Reshoot R [a 68K game] was there to admire
  • Inviyya could be tried
  • AlartCity could be tried
  • Vampire 2 and 4 were shown. You could AGA games and Quake on an Amiga 600!!!! The music videos they were playing were awesome
  • Amiga Joker [a German Amiga gaming magazine] could be purchased
-- eliyahu
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 02:26:19 PM by eliyahu »

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 02:23:25 PM »
@thread

the update for AmigaOS 3.1 is apparently not small. here is a photo of all the changes currently complete by olaf barthel and thomas richter courtesy of the amigaworld.de twitter account. way to go, hyperion!!

-- eliyahu

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 02:43:24 PM »
Thanks much Eliyahu & #6!

Already viewed most of the photos and they're great! So many Amiga peeps! Thx for "photos from Christian Zigotzky (link)" ! I had quit following Ubuntu for PPC quit a while ago as I honestly thought 6.0.3 was THE last version for PPC - I could have swore I read a long time ago that Ubuntu was no longer developing for PPC. So these new PPC MATE devs are a real treat to me! :) New life for my 3 PPC Mac Mini's!

And new life for AOS3.1!!!

And good to see Jens there! Was there even a hint of development for the A1200 reloaded?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 05:02:55 PM by gizmo350 »
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline spudje

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 03:29:15 PM »
Yes Jens' mentioned A1200 Reloaded development is a long way already, but announcements weren't possible yet because he has applied for a patent for some features.

Offline polyp2000

• Show only replies by polyp2000
    • https://soundcloud.com/polyp/sets/polyp-2013
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 03:39:29 PM »
Quote from: spudje;832347
Yes Jens' mentioned A1200 Reloaded development is a long way already, but announcements weren't possible yet because he has applied for a patent for some features.

So long as he doesn't use it to wield a hammer over any competing products such as the Vampire Standalone or C64 Unlimited board.

Offline IanP

• Show only replies by IanP
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 06:04:32 PM »
What can there be to patent on a computer based on a 25 year old technology using the 25 year old original chips? The published specs don't suggest anything novel so has the design changed radically in some way since the specs were published a couple of years ago?

guest11527

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 06:15:46 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;832341
@thread

the update for AmigaOS 3.1 is apparently not small. here is a photo of all the changes currently complete by olaf barthel and thomas richter courtesy of the amigaworld.de twitter account. way to go, hyperion!!

-- eliyahu
This should, finally, explain the "door 3" option Olaf mentioned a while ago. I afraid nobody understood the pointer, and I had a hard time keeping my mouth shut.

But yes, there is quite something. Please do not expect a revolutionary step, it is - if the text wasn't already explicit enough - a bugfix release.

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2017, 06:37:14 PM »
@Thomas Richter

i am delighted that you, olaf, and hyperion are collaborating on getting this update out. a massive thanks to all involved! :)

-- eliyahu

Offline goldfish

• Show only replies by goldfish
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2017, 06:59:45 PM »
Wow so many people great to see. Think might need a bigger venu next year AMiga 33. Maybe one day I get to goto one. Shame there was no live stream of the event.

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2017, 07:10:32 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;832341
@thread

-- eliyahu

It'll be interesting to break that down and compare version numbers with all of the existing updates for 3.9, etc. Although I think we're now going to wind up where version numbers aren't even an accurate way of identifying how updated a system is - for example a higher version number on a library that came out in 2001, being not as updated as a lower version number file that comes out with this update.

TL;DR. Uugh, what a mess. :(
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

guest11527

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2017, 07:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;832359
It'll be interesting to break that down and compare version numbers with all of the existing updates for 3.9, etc.

They are currently V45 and V46, if this makes you feel any better. From what I currently have, components come always from the latest version of which copyright and source were available, and I hope we can keep it this way.

This is often, but not always what was delivered with 3.9. Not all authors did transmit copyright in the past, and for some components, we simply do not know.

Offline polyp2000

• Show only replies by polyp2000
    • https://soundcloud.com/polyp/sets/polyp-2013
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2017, 07:37:09 PM »
Thats precisely what worries me - the only people who might be infringing on any associated patents would be whom ? and how does that help the scene grow ?

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2017, 07:51:15 PM »
Quote from: goldfish;832358
Shame there was no live stream of the event.

There was this.......   https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YqKDLMelRAKV  :)
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

guest11527

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2017, 08:13:26 PM »
Quote from: polyp2000;832362
Thats precisely what worries me - the only people who might be infringing on any associated patents would be whom ? and how does that help the scene grow ?

Patents? Actually, I wrote about copyright. One of the components that are lost is the hdwrench.library by Joanne Dow. Hence, the 3.9 HDToolBox is not available anymore, unless Joanne releases the copyright.  Another component that is lost is the narrator.library, originally from Softvoice. Narrator is lost since 2.1, actually, probably for the same reason.

If you have a copy of 3.9, you can of course still use the binaries, but they cannot be included in the bugfix release for this very reason.