Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Attacking my first idea as a scam...  (Read 8488 times)

Description:

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.som99.se
Re: Attacking my first idea as a scam...
« on: May 19, 2014, 07:42:16 PM »
I got one machine with ZFS for backup in my garage, one server hosting most on mirror raid and works quite well for me :)

I collect games and all software for all systems, from consoles to home computers from the early beginning to PS2/GC/Xbox and mid 2000 on PC and have a vast collection by now gathered over the years, I do this because I enjoy retro gaming and want all consoles + interesting home computers and as fas as possible be able to play backups on em.
(a new server is soon going to be built with X-CASE RM 424 - 24 and 24x 4TB drives in the future, but all my interests cost money and 24 drives cost a lot so gotta prioritize but I hope to be done with it this year at least, still have a few expensive consoles missing from my collection I want to get before they skyrocket more)

Also to preserve it, so not to much perish over the years :)

Put so much time in gathering stuff over the years from private trackers where we collect and gather for complete sets together and much ebay/garage sales hunting and so forth to get as much as possible :)

Wow this went to be to much of a wall of text, but ZFS is great for ones who wanna try that for backup, bur no matter what way you prefer to have backups more then one machine is to recommend :) *crossing fingers my garage wont burn down if my house does*
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 07:45:33 PM by som99 »