Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: L.A. company acquires Amiga Games Inc. and the rights to 300+ games for $500,000  (Read 6712 times)

Description:

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
Quote from: Matt_H;740288
"amigagamesinc.com" was hastily registered last month and doesn't appear to have anything to do with Amiga Inc. The legal ****storm this is going to create will be epic.

I almost feel like calling this Writers' Group Film Corp to warn them...

Popcorn time!

Amiga Games Inc was McBill's company till he sold it for Writer's Group for stock swap.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline Matt_H

Quote from: dammy;740344
Amiga Games Inc was McBill's company till he sold it for Writer's Group for stock swap.

I stand corrected. So that theoretically solves the Kickstart problem (disregarding Amiga Inc.'s disputed ownership of Kickstart), but rights to the games are still very likely not legit.

Offline SysAdmin

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
*Bump*
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline number6

@thread

Given Bill's penchant for PR, one has to question why, days later, there is still no mention of this on Amiga.com, google+, their twitter account, etc.
If someone finds something on their social media, please post the link.

Offline dammy

Quote from: Matt_H;740345
I stand corrected. So that theoretically solves the Kickstart problem (disregarding Amiga Inc.'s disputed ownership of Kickstart), but rights to the games are still very likely not legit.

If you look at Guild Writers, it's all very questionable from the start.  One has to wonder what is going on behind the scenes.
Dammy

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
Quote from: dammy;740559
If you look at Guild Writers, it's all very questionable from the start.  One has to wonder what is going on behind the scenes.

absolutely. something is really off here. not to mention amiga games, inc., which bill mcewen registered, isn't mentioned on amiga.com -- not even a press release about it.

anyone have any theories as to what the real rationale is here? just drumming up interest so bill can sell amiga, inc. through pluritas? maybe number6 can chime in here.

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline number6

Quote from: eliyahu;740563
absolutely. something is really off here. not to mention amiga games, inc., which bill mcewen registered, isn't mentioned on amiga.com -- not even a press release about it.

anyone have any theories as to what the real rationale is here? just drumming up interest so bill can sell amiga, inc. through pluritas? maybe number6 can chime in here.

-- eliyahu

@eliyahu

Logic would dictate that any success regarding the Amiga IP, would have been posted long ago by Pluritas.

One doesn't ignore an opportunity to add success stories to one's portfolio.

Offline dammy

Quote from: eliyahu;740563

-- eliyahu

Two possibilities, either it's not important enough to him to spend the money on adding it to amiga.com site or he wants it completely separate from Amiga Inc.  I would be betting on the latter.
Dammy

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
Sure, I'll give you $1 million, in Imaginary Computers Inc shares of course.

Quote from: Megamig;740303
I own the rights to the "Guru meditation healing center" - can I sell it to a LA based business for $1,000,000+...

No wonder the US is in debt if they make such bad financial decisions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline number6

@thread

The inquirer now claims to have "the list" and there are some comments in that regard.

It took a couple of days...

Offline number6

@thread

Interesting comment from Retro Gamer:

"It is a real mess as to what Writers Group Film Corp have actually acquired for their money by taking over "Amiga Games Inc". We could see them releasing games, "Amiga Inc" releasing the SAME game, and of course the actual game maker itself releasing the same game!"

Source

Offline Zetr0

• Show only replies by Zetr0
Normally I do not wade on threads of pure speculation, but one thing I can certainly say for sure.

I believe this when I see it.

Offline Art

• Show only replies by Art
Don't say that! I've recently acquired Floppy Disk Box Inc. to store Amiga Games Inc.

(all 300).

And they'll have a lot of catching up to do, because I heard that X-Copy Inc. did a lot or remakes of classic Amiga games.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 05:38:44 PM by Art »

Offline Art

• Show only replies by Art
I looked a that list.. There is already a native iOS Speedball in the App Store.
Could you imagine if an emulated version came out as a stand alone remake?

The Digital Illusions Pinball games were my favourite Amiga games full stop.
Pinball Dreams, and Pinball Fantasies have both been ported natively to iOS.
As much as I love a trip down memory lane, I wouldn't be playing those games
on an emulator while true representations existed natively.

Offline mongo

• Show only replies by mongo
Quote from: number6;740579
@thread

Interesting comment from Retro Gamer:

"It is a real mess as to what Writers Group Film Corp have actually acquired for their money by taking over "Amiga Games Inc". We could see them releasing games, "Amiga Inc" releasing the SAME game, and of course the actual game maker itself releasing the same game!"

Source

http://frnetworks.com/page/company-press-releases

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: L.A. company acquires Amiga Games Inc. and the rights to 300+ games for $500,000
« Reply #29 from previous page: July 15, 2013, 05:54:01 PM »
Why the heck are they still going after the dying Blackberry market?  And when the  H E-double-hockey sticks did "Pluritas" come into the picture?  So many companies, so few products!  :p
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos