Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: L.A. company acquires Amiga Games Inc. and the rights to 300+ games for $500,000  (Read 6675 times)

Description:

Offline ferrellslTopic starter

• DavidseltyAJ
    • Show only replies by ferrellsl
A Los Angeles-based distribution company has agreed to purchase Amiga Games Inc. in a deal valued at $500,000 in company stock and cash. This will reportedly give the new owner, Writers’ Group Film Corp., the rights to distribute more than 300 classic video games across smartphones, tablets and other devices.

http://www.techspot.com/news/53161-la-company-acquires-amiga-games-inc-and-the-rights-to-300-games-for-500000.html

Offline Matt_H

I suspect they just threw $500,000 down the toilet because the odds are excellent that this "Amiga Games Inc" doesn't actually own the rights to any of those games.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
They could of bought CUSA instead. That would seem a better investment to me.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline mongo

• Show only replies by mongo
Quote from: Matt_H;740285
I suspect they just threw $500,000 down the toilet because the odds are excellent that this "Amiga Games Inc" doesn't actually own the rights to any of those games.

Yeah.

Offline Matt_H

"amigagamesinc.com" was hastily registered last month and doesn't appear to have anything to do with Amiga Inc. The legal ****storm this is going to create will be epic.

I almost feel like calling this Writers' Group Film Corp to warn them...

Popcorn time!

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
Oh oh another arm chair patent lawyer lol
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline Florida

• Show only replies by Florida
I just wanted to say: "I was here, July 8 2013".

Also, 300 games, if true, and cool games, that equals total awesomeness!The article mentioned that we will know more about the titles within the next two weeks.

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
More poorly ported "retro games" on mobile devices, possibly ones that aren't even licensed properly.

I see the writing on the wall already :)

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
It was half a million US$ in stock and cash.  I'll bet it was mostly stock.  You issue more stock to cover the purchase of a company based on it's value.  Essentially you buy the company with it's own money....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by slaapliedje
So does this mean someone in this forum should just create a Commodore Games Inc., advertise that it has rights to 1000+ games ('cause you know, C64 AND Amiga, right?) and then sell it off for 3 times as much, then we could fund Amiga hardware upgrades.  :D  

How does any "Amiga Games Inc." that barely spawned have the distribution rights of any Amiga Games?  I believe copyright, being tied to any sort of distribution, still applies to any of those, and they'd have to get rights for every game.  Maybe it's TOSEC making this.:laughing:

slaapliedje
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.

Offline mongo

• Show only replies by mongo

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Quote from: mongo;740301
http://www.otcmarkets.com/edgar/GetFilingHtml?FilingID=9086655

So what's the "For Dummies" version of this?  Just skimming, it looks like they have $62,000 in assets, $760,000 in liabilities, and have issues 777 million shares of stock.  Sound about right?  :p

Edit: Oh wait, I was reading the wrong column.  $5K in assets.  Shoot, they're still doing better than I am, ha!  :)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Megamig

• Show only replies by Megamig
I own the rights to the "Guru meditation healing center" - can I sell it to a LA based business for $1,000,000+...

No wonder the US is in debt if they make such bad financial decisions.
Too many A500s
2x A1200 (3.1 DKB Cobra inc. Ferret)
A2000 HD

Offline Coolhand

• Show only replies by Coolhand
Quote from: Megamig;740303
I own the rights to the "Guru meditation healing center" - can I sell it to a LA based business for $1,000,000+...

No wonder the US is in debt if they make such bad financial decisions.

its all fake, made up money anyway, so who cares;)

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
Quote from: Matt_H;740288
"amigagamesinc.com" was hastily registered last month and doesn't appear to have anything to do with Amiga Inc. The legal ****storm this is going to create will be epic.

I almost feel like calling this Writers' Group Film Corp to warn them...

Popcorn time!

Amiga Games Inc was McBill's company till he sold it for Writer's Group for stock swap.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.