Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigaworld.net problems?  (Read 915 times)

Description:

Offline OlafS3

Re: Amigaworld.net problems?
« on: October 29, 2014, 09:40:26 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;776054
Not sure what happened to cause this problem, but as others have stated, similar login problems pop up occasionally for different members, and yes, it is almost always due to how the site maintainers attempt to combat spam-bots.  The number of attacks by spam-bots is unbelievable sometimes.

I am sure someone there will find a solution and get you back to being able to post shortly.  I am not technically savvy enough to work on such problems with site maintenance, but other staff members are.

In response to the 2nd half of your OP, please don't insult other members by calling them cult members/succubi, grand leaders, or dictators (or were you trying to say grand leaders with dictators behavior?), and I really discourage you from doing anything on the forums out of "spite", even in jest.  It is fine to disagree with other opinions and even okay to take part in friendly arguments or debates of differing opinions, but neither site allows personal attacks or insults, and we are trying hard to move toward a friendlier atmosphere, that will reflect more positively to anyone who visits the forums.  Find other ways to amuse yourself than (to use your term) antagonizing other members, no matter how much you disagree with their point of view or choices.

To answer your second part, this member fishy was reacting to someone who loves provocations. I can remember him saying he does not care if most users are annoyed (only as example). In this case there were already a lot of discussions about the size of fonts (you know what I mean) so a official representative of a platform (what he always stresses) should be diplomat and not provocateur. And people react on that. So if you talk about fishy you should talk also about who was the reason for that otherwise it looks a little uniquesided.

that people understand what it is about (from amigaworld)

Comment from a certain prominent person:

"Very well. I'm using it right now on my A500 system.

@armchair lawyers
Yes, I left off the "One" so deal with it  "

there were discussions before because "ONE" in AmigaONE X5000 bootscreen is becoming smaller and smaller with each release leaving Amiga 5000 when you do not look carefully (I do not remember the thread)

If there will be a X9000 it will be one pixel high and 1 pixel width, a dot :-)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:02:46 AM by OlafS3 »

Offline OlafS3

Re: Amigaworld.net problems?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 11:29:23 PM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;776028
Just wondering if anyone else has been having problems at Amigaworld.net lately?
Seems every few days Im blacklisted and either cant log in, or cant post.
Im just wondering because this last time seems different in regards to when I get the message, and the timing was a little coincidental. It followed me questioning Ssolie apparent need to be pre-emptively antagonistic. Perhaps I misconstrued his intent (although it read more like an attempt to be able to claim that, while really being antagonistic) and I did receive a few prv msgs supporting my perception (and speaking up about it), so who knows? Even some of the most overtly diplomatic amiga users couldn't say for sure what the intention really was.

Anyway, I guess Im just trying to find out if I am indeed being banned/suspended, or if there's issues?
I really hope Im not banned, as Ive done nothing wrong, besides (in the eyes of some) not "falling into line".
Quite amusing responses by some of the cult members/succubi though after their grand leader and dictators behaviour was questioned   :)
Made me want to stick around the place more, just for spite (you know who you are chuckles).

A lot of people are affected, f.e. I have trouble from home but all is ok from office. So it has nothing to do with user acoounts.