Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigaworld.net problems?  (Read 916 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fizTopic starter

• Show all replies
Amigaworld.net problems?
« on: October 29, 2014, 01:37:34 AM »
Just wondering if anyone else has been having problems at Amigaworld.net lately?
Seems every few days Im blacklisted and either cant log in, or cant post.
Im just wondering because this last time seems different in regards to when I get the message, and the timing was a little coincidental. It followed me questioning Ssolie apparent need to be pre-emptively antagonistic. Perhaps I misconstrued his intent (although it read more like an attempt to be able to claim that, while really being antagonistic) and I did receive a few prv msgs supporting my perception (and speaking up about it), so who knows? Even some of the most overtly diplomatic amiga users couldn't say for sure what the intention really was.

Anyway, I guess Im just trying to find out if I am indeed being banned/suspended, or if there's issues?
I really hope Im not banned, as Ive done nothing wrong, besides (in the eyes of some) not "falling into line".
Quite amusing responses by some of the cult members/succubi though after their grand leader and dictators behaviour was questioned   :)
Made me want to stick around the place more, just for spite (you know who you are chuckles).
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

• Show all replies
Re: Amigaworld.net problems?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 01:56:39 AM »
Thanks for the responses, and yes, my ip is dynamic, so hopefully that's the reason.
Glad it's not from something Ive done, as while my tone there the last few days has been a little discouraged, Ive done nothing wrong/offensive (apart from in the eyes of a few who *chose* to take issue, when there was no real issue).
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 02:54:16 AM »
@Darrin

Great. Thanks for looking.

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 06:07:22 AM »
What a ridiculous idea.
Given that there's about 5 million customers for my isp it means that about 1/4 of Australia cant log in more often than not.
Twenty four hours later and things are no better, despite refreshing my ip about a dozen times.

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 08:49:54 AM »
I said what I said for a reason.
It was in response, a reaction. I didn't instigate it.
My choice of words was quite apt. There are people in the community who fit that description, hence my choice of words. Had there been no instigation, I wouldn't have responded, simple as that. If you want to take issue with people, take issue with them.
Im not a trouble maker, but neither am I door mat for those who take their hobby as gospel.
Recommend all you like, but my responses are based on other peoples actions, so that'll influence the outcome of my behaviour.
In short, stop people acting like clowns (even those that are part of certain "businesses", let alone their disciples), and I'll have nothing to respond to.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:57:51 AM by fishy_fiz »

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 11:44:10 AM »
@OlafS3

That was part of it, but for clarification it wasn't even really so much what was said, nor a few of the follow ups that got me a little riled up, but rather the simple fact that it was all so unnecessary.
All that was ever going to come from it was to alienate people. And that's exactly what happened. Not just me either.

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 02:19:08 AM »
@ppcamiga1

You're a goose. Where did I, or anyone else mention anything to do with architecture?
Your comments are completely ridiculous despite also being a complete flight of fantasy. For the record I've had an OS4 machine years ago, and have done software for ppc amigas.
Do you often antagonise people based on things you've concocted in your head?
It's far from normal you realise?

How, in your head, did this become any sort of "vs." thing? I'm morbidly curious to understand the thought process that lead to that conclusion.
And to set the record straight the best amiga system is the one that the user enjoys the most. A 68k machine was pretty capable and enjoyable back in the day, and it still does the same things, just as well as it always has. Yes it might struggle with "keeping up with the Joneses", but it's not all about that for some people, and end results can be just as good as an "NG" systems when you play to a machines strengths.

Having said that though Im not sure why you've directed your parrot "Go Team PPC" cheer-leader rant towards 68k. Yes I like 68k machines, but I also like mos and os4. I also have Amithlon and AROS machines.

I expect by now you've exploded out of sheer confusion that a person can enjoy all systems, so I'll leave it at that.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:45:28 AM by fishy_fiz »