Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Netsurf 68k in Aros Vision now  (Read 2425 times)

Description:

Offline chris

Re: Netsurf 68k in Aros Vision now
« on: July 20, 2012, 08:58:51 PM »
Quote from: OlafS3;700302
Reaction is the new GUI in 3.9. and the main GUI of AmigaOS. It would have been better if they had used MUI instead of Reaction but portability was certainly no goal.

"They" do not know anything about MUI so it wasn't an option.  There are barely any Reaction gadgets used anyway (if you ignore the prefs GUI) - it's literally buttons, a custom string gadget, a couple of scrollers, a tab bar and lots of empty space.  Everything else is rendered into said empty space.

Nothing there that ClassAct can't do, although the tags and functions used may well need to be changed.
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz

Offline chris

Re: Netsurf 68k in Aros Vision now
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;700848
chris is constantly telling it is easy to port his gui to 68k, but for some reason doesnt do that himself.

I'm busy with other things, and don't use 68k any more, so I'm not interested in back-porting it.  Clearly nobody else is interested either.

The biggest job is probably making it work on palette-mapped screenmodes.  I am intending to tackle this myself (as it is useful for OS4 and might improve the speed on 16-bit modes, which are a bit sluggish atm), however it has very low priority.

If somebody else was tackling a 68k port and feeding code back into the OS4 version, I would be happy to help.  But I am not, under any circumstances, going to undertake a 68k port myself.
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz