Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Games and Software Tester for a Company via Freelance  (Read 339 times)

Description:

Offline fondpondforeverTopic starter

• Show only replies by fondpondforever
Amiga Games and Software Tester for a Company via Freelance
« on: April 01, 2015, 12:28:53 AM »
I am an aspiring Amiga Games and Software Tester. Saw a short documentary the other day on CNN about Asperger's Syndrome (which I have) and Software Testing. The program focused on a company and said that 75% of people who are in this profession have Asperger's Syndrome as employer's specifically employ them for there unique high drive and focus. Think this would be an awesome Career and a good way to work your self up to a position like a Games Designer or Programmer. Would it be possible to be a Freelancer and approach people/companies to test there products to see if there up to scratch. Is it a high or low paid job? Thank you.
Hop, Crackle, Blast Off into Spino Space!

Offline danbeaver

Re: Amiga Games and Software Tester for a Company via Freelance
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 02:43:30 AM »
And get paid for it??  Aren't there thousands of folks willing to do it for free?

Offline ElPolloDiabl

• Show only replies by ElPolloDiabl
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 07:39:33 AM »
It is a good place to start, but you don't get paid. You must have to work your way up.
Go Go Gadget Signature!

Offline Rob

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 08:43:56 AM »
Quote from: fondpondforever;787097
I am an aspiring Amiga Games and Software Tester. Saw a short documentary the other day on CNN about Asperger's Syndrome (which I have) and Software Testing. The program focused on a company and said that 75% of people who are in this profession have Asperger's Syndrome as employer's specifically employ them for there unique high drive and focus. Think this would be an awesome Career and a good way to work your self up to a position like a Games Designer or Programmer. Would it be possible to be a Freelancer and approach people/companies to test there products to see if there up to scratch. Is it a high or low paid job? Thank you.

Roquefort over at AWN has Asperger's too, although I wouldn't be suprised if more of us have, to some extent, given our dedication to a computer that largely died out in the mid 90's.

A quick google reveals there's quite a number of sites dedicated to open beta testing.  I'd suggest starting there to gain some experience and possibly build a reputation.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=open+beta+testing+games&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=CzYbVfDREcW07gaF_IGgDQ

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 12:48:31 PM »
My dream job would be at A-Eon. Wonder if there recruiting anyone.

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 08:51:33 AM »
To play games?

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 11:27:24 AM »
Yes and/or Software and Hardware.