Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Welcome to the A600GS forum  (Read 9692 times)

Description:

Offline Boing-ball

Re: Welcome to the A600GS forum
« on: November 15, 2023, 03:59:43 PM »
How does this differ from say a A500 mini then?

Just read the Wiki page but it doesn’t give too much away…

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 07:53:05 PM »
Leaman and the A600GS - Amiwest Show 2023

https://youtu.be/dgqALCrVuiY

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network - http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan

Great stuff 👍🏻

So that’s what Matthew Leaman looks like 😉👍🏻

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 01:03:14 PM »
Any more news on the A600GS?  Any videos showing games being run on it?

Cheers….

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 08:32:36 PM »
Latest work last week was on updating Personal Paint for the A600GS (news item coming this week)

AmiBench has also been updated with a new Picture Datatype 46.13 introducing HAM support.

WBStartup drawer renamed to simply StartUp drawer as we are running AmiBench and not Workbench

Here is a sneak peak at the new PPaint update showing 1080p and 4K screenmodes available:

Looking good. 👍🏻

How are the Screenmodes being done? P96? Or some other way?

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2024, 05:10:42 PM »
This product is now late, after announcements that it would be released in Q1 2024! No price has been mentioned either. Apart from the 9 pin joystick ports, is it any better than an A500 Mini?

My main problem with the A500 Mini is that there seems to be no Workbench system which enables files to be exported or imported. They're just closed lha files with no Internet connection. I haven't updated the firmware yet because of Pandory, but I now plan to, because there are new Pandory versions. This might enable me to run an ADF based Workbench, then save files onto blank ADFs. 

As for including a new version of Personal Paint, it seems there's no proper, detailed manual for Personal Paint anywhere! This is why I've hardly used it.

In some recent graphics conversions from Internet downloads of jpeg files from my MacBook onto my Amiga A1200 using Personal Paint, I only had 128 or 256 colours available, but the original files contained about 16,800,000 colours, which is about the same as the Amiga A1200 palette! From the list of display modes in the old Personal Paint, it has no HAM modes.

I wonder how I could just convert my reduced resolution jpeg files from the Internet into IFF files that can be loaded into Deluxe Paint with its detailed manuals?

I have finally managed to find and download a manual for Deluxe Paint V, but this is in German only, which I have managed to learn from BBC courses, as well as Berlitz, Conversaphone, "Amiga Magazin" and watching lots of German TV via satellite and streaming. I'm trying to create some artwork in the HAM8 modes, but I'm having problems with my 23 PIN Video port to SCART connected TV often showing a "No signal" message when one of various graphics modes is selected. All the necessary drivers seem to be installed under Monitors, though.

Amigakit are are supposed to be launching this at Kickstart02. Has Kickstart02 come and gone yet? If not then that’s when you get to see it 😉