Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deluxe Paint V 25th Anniversary Edition "Manual" from Ami64.com is crap!  (Read 5180 times)

Description:

Offline pwyskowskiTopic starter

• Show all replies
I ordered this from Ami64.com. I wanted the whole package (CD-Rom, CD case, and manual) and paid a small fortune for such an old piece of software. The box arrived all beaten up. It was poorly packed. However, the biggest disappointment was the manual. It looked nothing like the original. In fact, it looked like someone just printed it on their home printer and it is missing a ton of pages. It goes from page 3 to page 50 and ends at 209 while the index mentions pages well above 300 or so.  >:(

I'd also like to mention that there isn't any graphics/screenshots like the original manual had. This piece of crap looks like someone scanned the original manual to PDF/OCR and then copy/pasted the text to a Word document.

"Unboxing Video"

https://youtu.be/toYnMLVVjRw

• Show all replies
I was wondering if anyone out there has the original DPaint V manual.  I know it's super rare but I'm just curious how many pages it is supposed to have since the piece of crap I recieved ends at 209.

I remember it being pretty thick like the DPaint IV manual and it having screenshots as well.

Also, if anyone does have it, would you please post a few pictures of it for reference?  Thank you. :)

UPDATE: After emailing the company, they are refunding me the cost of the manual and the shipping for it.  I'm glad they did the right thing but I still would not recommend buying that manual from them as it is completely misrepresented on what it actually is (An OCR scan of the original pasted into Microsoft Word and printed).  I'm also wondering if the "New Old Stock" CD of DPaintV is really that or a pirated CD-R.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 05:31:24 PM by pwyskowski »

• Show all replies
The reason I had gotten interested in it again was nostalgia and longing for better times.

Unfortunately, this experience has somewhat soured my feelings about DPaint V.  It also doesn't help that it runs like crap under emulation. 
The version on the CD I bought from Ami64.com is 5.0 and I thought that might have been part of the problem. I came across some ADF files online that had version 5.3 and tried those but it didn't seem to help.  :-[

• Show all replies
Maybe I need to tweak something with my emulation setup (using Amiga Forever).

Certain functions don't seem to work such as using media (Chalk, Felt tip pen, etc.) as they refuse to load.

I also get random crashing/freezing from time to time.

Back when I had an A1200 with a Blizzard 1230-IV, it ran just fine (though a little slower than DPaint IV).

• Show all replies
It looks like you have to register with the website to get access to it.  Since the site is in Polish, I have a feeling the manual may be as well.

Can anyone verify this?