Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Amiga site?  (Read 4534 times)

Description:

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: New Amiga site?
« on: October 04, 2004, 01:07:06 PM »
amigaos.info and amigade.info are coming up for renewal

Drop them, they are using up valuble A.org resources :-D

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 01:35:07 PM »

bOiNgHeAd wrote:
It looks like A1 and OS4 are dead, even before they
where born! I don't think there's gonna be a big
AmigaOne-OS4 revival. And why is it that the A1 has
no case around it?! Only a MoBo...without a case?!
Very weird! They should make a nice recogniseable
Amiga case with a complete Amiga system in it,
that sells better then only a MoBo...

For the Price, I would want a complete system! (yes with a recognisable case)

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 03:54:45 PM »

Wayne wrote:
Thanks for expressing your opinion.  Most of my problem with the way things are is that the classic Amiga is fading, and the community has been taken over by a group of people whose attitudes and agendas are in direct opposition to the way the Amiga community used to be..  It feels less about the Amiga than a war room for sycophants and discussion of sexual/political preferences.  That I find disturbing.

perhaps making AO exclusively classic Amiga would be an option?
Eventually one of two things will happen.

1) If the A1/OS4 is successful, Amiga.org would eventually begin to transform itself as people moved from the old to the new.

2) If the A1/OS4 fails, the classic Amiga will eventually fade into vague memory, remembered only as a blip on the evolutionary scale of desktop computing...

I have a lot of fun memories of the Classic Amiga.  In fact, my life has pretty much been influenced by it, from stupid career choices to the friends I've made along the way, but looking at the situation realistically, without fresh blood by way of dealers (who are honest and receive our enthusiastic support), and software development, it's just a matter of time.

(sorry to sound morbid, but my life seems linked to the Amiga here in that the more this situation declines, the worse my life seems to get).

Wayne

Personally I think 2 is the only realistic out come for Amiga as a desktop platform... the A1/OS4 is too little too late... The Classic Amigas are slowly dying one by one... and scammers are sucking what little confidence is left.

We have two options...

1. Say fair enough, it's been fun... lets get a real hobby and say good bye.

2. Stay together as a community and get involved in community projects to keep our little vision of the computing world alive... if nothing more than as a reminder to those in the future of how things were, and how they could have been. For me the Modern PC with it's GPUs (for graphics), DSPs (for sound), high performance CPUs and cheap, easy expansion abilites embody all which the original Amiga designers wanted from computer hardware all that hardware needs is an OS which continues the Amiga tradition.

You see, it's the community that is all that's left... the Holly Wars and politics have actually probably held the community together better than getting an AmigaONE out in 2000...

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 05:51:54 PM »
Has anyonr actually ever tred to have a special Flame fest forum? Maybe one where you have to specially register in order to enter... in there one can troll away to your hearts content?