Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New to MorphOS, where do I start?  (Read 5567 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: New to MorphOS, where do I start?
« on: May 14, 2010, 07:42:01 PM »
Quote from: AmigaFun;558548
Hi Dragster, looks like I am out of luck then. Even if I did find a copy of MorphOS, I could not use it fully becuase of the 30 minute 'slow down'. Thats a real pity.

Try asking one of the developers before giving up, either here on amiga.org or morphzone.org. For example you could try PM "Piru" here (or maybe he will pop into this thread and answer your questions anyway if you wait a little). I would be surprised if some arrangement couldn't be fixed, both regarding download and registration.

Also please understand that even if you get MorphOS 1.4.x up and running, you won't be using the MorphOS everyone is talking about today; there is really a giant leap between 1.4.5 (available for PowerUP) and the 2.4 (available for all the other platforms). Please keep that in mind while "trying it out". But with the various updates available on that download page you will at least be able to run many of the newer programs...

Good luck, and don't give up too easily in the install process. Go to morphzone.org and ask questions if you run into problems during the installation (which you probably will on PowerUP).

:)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)