Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WTB: Cyberstorm PPC  (Read 16143 times)

Description:

Offline Jeff

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: WTB: Cyberstorm PPC
« on: May 28, 2011, 01:22:08 AM »
Simple. So far it has cost to much in both time and money for little or no return on investment. Look how much the SAM's cost and be glad they are even available at all. Those are probably as close as you will get for a while.

Offline Jeff

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 01:00:41 AM »
While I appreciate the "impossible challenge" just as much as the next person let me understand the reasoning. The end result in such a board is what, to run OS4 correct? If so we already have expensive options for that available now. The only other reason I can think of is to run 3.x PPC software. I didn't try any of these apps when I had my CS-PPC and Blizzard-PPC. Is there some killer app worth all this time and effort that won't run on the currently available options?

I really am just curious, not just trying to start something.  It seems like all the work has already been done for some years now.

Offline Jeff

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 03:05:04 AM »
I like the ideas being discussed in this thread. Projects/Products are sometimes born from threads like this, IE Minimig, ect. It would be great to have a board like NatAMI, Minimig, FPGA Arcade, Jens Clone-A, PC with UAE, or ??? with an 060-PPC option board so such a substantial investment in time and money wasn't relying on such old and dying machines. Don't get me wrong, I love my classic machines - they just aren't getting any newer:)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 03:23:09 AM by Jeff »